Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keypad on porta 18f1220

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the code reads the keys right It save them in a array. What I don't know is how to check them. Key(4) is the array holding my four key presses.
1. press key1 value placed in Key(4) and counter gos from 0
2. press key2 value added to next block of Key(4) counter 1
3. press key3 value added to next block of Key(4) counter 2
4. press key4 value added to next block of Key(4) counter 3 hits three all done
Now how can I get each value 1 at a time so I can check what keys have been pressed. I can send it out to a display and it tells me what four keys where pressed
works but not what i need to do. I tried this
Code:
    a = Key(Counter) -1 // gives me key 3 value
but it don't work for key 2 or 1 how do you get each.
I read that you can check each by using the step -1 but I couldn't get that to work Like this
Code:
for Counter = 3 to 0 step -1
// I don't no what you would put here 
next
I'm not good at writing wish I was better maybe you can see what I'm saying thanks :D

Last edited:
You can just do a=Key(0) to get key 1 through to a=Key(3) for key 4.

Edit, I now see how the key code works.

Mike.

Last edited:
This is what I have done I got the keypad module working on porta it was made for portb
I hooked 8 leds to portb to see what each key output value is and each lights the Binary value from 1 to 12. I haven't tried it like that thanks I'll jive it a shot Mike your the man.
Code:
Counter = 0
       For Counter = 0 To 3                   // checks  key2 after pressing all four 
            a=Key(1)
            portb = a
           DelayMS(500)      
       Next
I was close I tried it like this
Code:
Counter = 0
       For Counter = 0 To 3                   // swordfish keep saying you can't do it that way lol
            Key(1)=a
            portb = a
           DelayMS(500)      
       Next
thanks agin Mike it worked just like I need it to this was killing me lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back