Keypad controlled Light dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.K

Hi there!

Im working on modifying a IR light dimmer, to be controlled by a keypad so that when a button is press it will illuminate and when another button is press it will turn of. I want to replace the infrared controller with a keypad. What kind of PIC chip as well as keypad should I use. Any ideas on what steps I need to take in order to be successful in doing this. I understand electronics but am freshly new to programming a PIC chip....I would greatly appreciate any help or ideas.

-Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't know about programming PICs but I can offer to make a design without microcontroller.

The circuit would mainly consist of a dual Flip-Flop (one for OFF/ON) and the other one for PWM (respectively phase control).

I also made a phase control circuit using an ATMEL ATTINY2313 with an ON/OFF option via remote switch and precise phase control from zero to 100%. This circuit is under test now and initial tests are promising with a 500W brushed AC motor to be followed by a 1,500W motor and later up to 5KW motors.

This circuit consists of two PCBs mounted as a sandwich to fit into a standard US wall outlet.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…