Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Keypad-Based Vehicle Engine Immobilizer 2015-04-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCU88

MCU88 submitted a new article:

Keypad-Based Vehicle Engine Immobilizer - DIY Car Project Keypad Engine Immobilizer

Keypad-Based Vehicle Engine Immobilizer

Features …

• Low cost, easy-to-build compact design
    • 2-points of circuit immobilization …
    • Concealable main circuitry, keypad & relays fully isolated
    • 10,000 possible 4-digit codes …
    • Code set / quickly changeable via keypad buttons
    • Flashing LED...

Read more about this article...

Nice.

Two features worth considering is "Valet mode" - which is basically a permanent disarm and a "Carjack" mode. This could be anything, but I would think of something like. The car starts as though the correct code was entered, but after some time limit and the car is stopped, it will not start again, It would be better to use "not moving" rather than braked.

Valet/shop mode could be different - "Permanent disarm" or "disarm for x days". The "normal" code entered would disarm Valet mode.

So, the thief car jacks you just as your getting into the car and you tell him the code or whatever. He drives for 5 minutes and stops at a light. Car won;t start even with the code that worked.

So, you park the car at a Valet. it gets stolen and e.g. 24 hours later, the car won't start.

Hello –

Firstly sorry for resurrecting a very old thread, and secondly to clear the table, I have very little knowledge of this subject. That said please can anyone help with some info that appears to be missing from the schematic for this project, or even better a shopping list of required parts.

Whilst I have little / no knowledge of the design aspect, the build aspect I don’t for see as a problem, and this little devise might be the thing I’ve been searching for…

The ratings for the following resistors appears to be missing ->

R7 =
R8 =
R9 =
R13 =
R14 =

Given the R9, R13 & R14 appear to be in the same functional place as R1-R4 can it be assumed these are also rated 100k ? which only leaves the two for the LED’s - ”GOOGLE” suggests this can also be 100k ?

Regards _Ian_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back