Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keyboard circuit for connection with PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matasoft

I want to connect a 30 keys keyboard to a PIC16F84A.
Do you know any IC that can do this job?
If you have a circuit to do that, please post it.
I want to create an electronic document.
8)

Re: keyboard connection to a PIC

matasoft,

I don't know if you've solved your problem yet or not, and I'm new to all of this so I may or may not be able to help. What kind of connector is your keyboard using, and what do you want to do with the data it generates? There's a circuit diagram (parts list, everything) online for a wireless keyboard transmitter/receiver pair that's based on PS/2 keyboard. It uses a PIC 16C72A and might be a starting point for your particular circuit. Link to that stuff is **broken link removed**

Let me know if that will help, or if I'm just a twit :)

Pak-IV

I am new to this as well, but this looks like it could be helpful.
I hear a lot of talk about them being interfaced with basic stamps.
**broken link removed**
Twofeet

PAK-VI

Ok, this looks like what you need, forget the stuff I posted. Now what I need is something that I can use to translate the raw keyboard data from an IBM Thinkpad 760 keyboard to the PS/2 serial protocol. I imagine the PS/2 protocol would be easy enough to output, the tough part is knowing what protocol the keyboard in question is using.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back