Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kenwood CS-V330 Speaker set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB333

Hi,

I am looking for help with how to set up this speaker. I bought it and realised I don't understand how to use it.

How do I power it? I have recently bought a subwoofer with parts I thought it may fit in to, but I am unsure.
I have absolutely no idea. Hope this is an appropriate question, I am unable to find a manual, pics attached.

Cheers :)

DSC_1577.jpg.html

DSC_1578.jpg.html

Your photos were not posted correctly.
On Google and on Kenwood's website there is nothing about the "Kenwood CS-V330".

Hey, since when did JVC buy Kenwood? Oh, it was a joint merger in 2008.

Hmm I couldn't upload them as files too large for some reason, so did a photobucket url.
I'm getting the same problem trying from my phone, I'm able to click on the image box and get taken to the page, think you could check that out?
Or some other way around it?

The images you posted here have an X through them and their properties say, "Not Available". I got Internet Explorer to show your photobucket pictures. Dick Smith is a car dealer and electronics parts supplier Down Under so maybe the amplifier and Kenwood subwoofer are made only for Down Under.

I'm in Australia, subwoofer works fine, just not sure how to connect the kenwood speaker, or what it's meant to connect to.

The subwoofer speaker is labelled "maximum 80W, 4 ohms" so it needs an amplifier with a lowpass filter that can drive a 4 ohms speaker. Isn't the CS-V330 the subwoofer speaker? What is the part number of the Dick Smith thing?
I do not know what the Dick Smith thing is. It has inputs from a stereo amplifier and outputs to satellite speakers so maybe it is a highpass filter.

I don't know what any of this means unfortunately..
I bought the dick Smith unit thinking it was just a speaker, was a subwoofer so went and got the kenwood but realised I can't plug things in, so thought maybe I could attach it to the dick Smith. Both from a second hand store so I have no idea about them.
1458092248668644506530.jpg

Here is what I found in Google. It is this link https://dsesub.tripod.com/ where a guy bought what looks like you have. It is a 10" subwoofer with a built in subwoofer power amplifier, filters and a stereo power amplifier for satellite speakers.

EDIT: The Dick Smith thing is not a stereo amplifier. It has high level inputs from a stereo power amplifier and it filters out the bass to drive its built-in bass power amplifier subwoofer speaker. It also has high level outputs for satellite speakers but maybe simply passes the power from the power amplifier that feeds it.
So all you need is two satellite speakers and a stereo amplifier.

Last edited:
Oh man this is too confusing, can I just get 2 satellite speakers? Will the subwoofer power these?

From what I can gather, the stereo amplifier connects the subwoofer to the sattelite speakers?

Yes, the stereo amplifier speaker outputs connect to the "high level inputs" on the Dick Smith powered subwoofer and satellite speakers connect to the "satellite outputs" on the Dick Smith powered subwoofer.
The Kenwood speaker is wide but not tall so it might be a "center channel" speaker that you cannot use with the Dick Smith thing. It looks like Kenwood does not make, sell or support their home entertainment products anymore, they do only car radio products now.
The satellite speakers should not be tiny, they should have at least a 6.5" size woofer and a tweeter.

Thanks so much! Much closer to a fix. Though still not sure of the point of the stereo amplifier.
Assuming they connect to the sub with bare wires? Those holes aren't plugs..?
Yeah tried wiring up two basic speakers with nothing.

One pair of wires from the left speaker outputs of the stereo amplifier to the left high level inputs on the Dick Smith thing and the same with the right channel. Some of your binding posts are missing the part that tightens on the wire.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully google and I can work this out from here. Oh yeah I have those knobs just took them off. Didn't know they were for that. Thanks again.

The "knobs" screw clockwise onto a post and there is a metal contact at the bottom. You strip about 12mm of insulation off a wire and wrap it clockwise half a turn around the post then tighten the knob clockwise so the bare part of the wire is squeezed against the metal contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back