Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kantech KT-200 Door Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.kantech.com/products/controllers_kt200.aspx
It's a access control box, looks like you can use different types of cards. It's purpose is to lock a door(s) and only allow access to people with the proper card. To install it you will need an electric lock, either a electric strike or a maglock. You will also need a card reader to wire to the control panel. The common types of card readers are barcod, magstripe, and proximity.
If all you have is the panel, you won't be able to do anything.

Okay thanks you..my problem is,,no eprom included in the board..,i don't know if is it work without that IC.

I'm not sure what end of line resistor i am going to connect either 4.7k (painted red) or 7.5k (painted green)..

>>>what is or are led lights when normal operation?.

thanks for any suggestions..

This is how I read it. You need at least one EEPROM for an n-controller system. You need a host computer and software. This will use an RS232 to Rs485 controller. RS485 repeaters are required to increase the distance between the units.

RS485 requires termination resistors at the beginning and end of the bus.

Hi drexvhon,

there is another way for access control like DTMF (Dual Tone Multi Frequency). A cell phone will suffice for transmitter.

Door unlocks if the correct tone frequencies in correct order (4 tones) are picked up by a microphone.

There is a schematic of a non-microcontroller solution published at Elektor (https://www.elektor.com)

I modified the circuit to be used employing a microcontroller (ATMEL ATMega16) which allows numbers to be dialled at any speed from 10ms to 5s separation between inputs.

Fastest way is using the voice recorder of the cell phone and press 'replay' for the tone sequence.

A prototype PCB has already been ordered and I will start testing in about one month.
If you are interested I will send you the Eagle files + a programmed ATMega16.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
This is how I read it. You need at least one EEPROM for an n-controller system. You need a host computer and software. This will use an RS232 to Rs485 controller. RS485 repeaters are required to increase the distance between the units.

RS485 requires termination resistors at the beginning and end of the bus.

So i need to purchase a eeprom IC with stored program to this unit to function it normally?

To Boncuk,

thanks for your idea sir....

Last edited:
No, it APPEARS, that you need certain software such as Entrapass (multiple versions), https://www.kantech.com/products/software_entrapass_se.aspx which is purchased with specific options. I also suspect that the "eeprom" determines what "software options" that you purchased.

What is unclear, is whether the PC running the Entrapass software has to be running at all times. I suspect, yes, although there was some blurb that events would be queued if not connected.

You need either a way to program the controller and/or a central database containing rules and a means of generating reports.

In the one access control system I worked with, 30 YO technology it used RFID type card readers attached to the door and locks to central location which could control about 8 doors. The "locks" were put on generator backup.

Then there was a "separate box" that had a "cassette based" storage system that contained the "access info". A "terminal" controlled the configuration and a "dot matrix printer" did the logging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back