Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JVC CRT TV VERTICAL PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that there is a "Most common fault parts causing vertical problem".
It depends upon the circuit design of the particular TV you have.

Electrolytic capacitors in the Vert circuit or dry joints, after that its any bodies guess.

If the TV is old enough, it could be the PCL85.

JimB

Vertical is usually just one IC, it'll have a heat sink tab or be attached to a heat sync, TDAs used to be common. Start by resoldering all the pins, that used to solve 10% of the problems, capacitors would be next for another 20% then the IC for about 40% followed by bad yokes missing power rails, cracked solder pads etc. Vertical problems were always easy money to us.

If you need an IC LMK, I've still got drawers full of them.

JayArr

Master JayArr Thanks to your rply about my post in on line tech.forum JVC CRT VERTICAL PROBLEM, please show me picture IC LMK to distiguis that exact ic, im Here in Phillipines..

Hi Louiel

You need to figure that out, follow the wires from the yoke to the circuit board then find the ICs in the area and look up the numbers on the internet one at a time until you find out which one is for vertical. Once you have found the vertical IC send me a message and I'll tell you if I have one and if I'm in a good mood I'll mail it to you for free. If you can't figure out which IC is for vertical then you must be really new to repairing CRT monitors and you may need to read some articles or books to get more information of the theory. "Troubleshooting & Repairing Computer Monitors" by Stephen J. Bigelow is a good book, it's only about $25USD.

Jeff

yes , bad caps and cracked joints to start with.
Pump up source diode.
Verical IC and yoke as the less likely.
Some jungle ICs vertical output drive, and dont forget how the service mode is set related to vert deflection.

model JVC 21 inches,vertical trouble and shut off picture in a seconds but standbyligth is on?i change vertical IC but it the same trouble also i change capasitor near vertical.pls. help me for this trouble!tnx

model JVC 21 inches,vertical trouble and shut off picture in a seconds but standbyligth is on?i change vertical IC but it the same trouble also i change capasitor near vertical.pls. help me for this trouble!tnx

tv model or chassis number?
Has the vertical IC +25vcc or +25vcc and -25vcc on its power pins?
look for open fuses or fusistors from the 25 volts output on the flyback or around the main power supply.

Just a horizontal line, compressed screen, folded with horizontal lines?
May u add a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back