Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just watching "While the rest of us die" and it's very interesting. However,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Just curious, are Americans so pro religion and so anti abortion?

Just seems kinda caveman (or rather backwards) to me.

Mike.

If you get the chance, watch "While the rest of us die", total eye opener.

Mike.

TV show? Documentary? To which do you refer?

It is not so much that Americans are so pro religion and so anti abortion.
It is the zealots vs the “silent majority”.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
A few radicals can get changes made, in spite of popular opinion.

Just curious about the size of the sticks that the Brits and the Aussies must endure.

Just curious, are Americans so pro religion and so anti abortion?

Just seems kinda caveman (or rather backwards) to me.

Mike.

iu

Abortion :

UK :

Chamberlain kneeling to Hitler, US bailed them out on that one.

Massive colonialism and suppression of foreigners.

Huge support of the Troubles and the death and imprisonment of citizens.

Racism : https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/16/racism-in-the-uk-still-rife-say-majority-of-britons

"They seem a remarkably backwards country in many respects, and still massively racist."

I like England, had a great visit there. They, like America, rich in problems and injustices just like US.

Regards, Dana.

New analog of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics:

The number of new members of the "AITA" club is constantly increasing.

When they tell you who they are -- believe them!

About anti-abortion, if I had to be born in a country because of an imposed law not because of true love, I wouldn't mind not to be born in the first place.

Perhaps I am wrong, but forcing a woman not to abort, her coming intelligent baby won't differ a lot from a very special animal born in a scientific research lab.

Did anyone actually watch the program? Or (as it seems) decide I was having a go at America and needed to defend it or attack me, England and Australia!!!!

Oh well.

Mike.
BTW, not sure what the last post is saying.

Abortion and gay rights have not always been hot-button issues to the evangelicals. Until politicians learned how easy it was to whip them into a frenzy over these issues.

The NRA (National Rifle Association) used to be pro-gun-safety and responsible gun ownership, providing training. It was a group promoting hunting. Then it was taken over by gun manufacturers with the goal of selling more guns, using the Second Amendment as a rallying cry.

So far this year, there have been more mass shootings in the US than days in the year.

.....Or (as it seems) decide I was having a go at America and needed to defend it or attack me, England and Australia!!!!

"What-about-ism" has become a feature of American politics. Any problem cited will elicit endless what-about-isms and false equivalence. Any attempt to discuss a problem is bombarded by sound bites taken out of context.

I weep for my country.

When is the last time you saw 100,000,000 Americans march on Washington on this
topic and $$$$ in politics ?

NEVER

So lets just enjoy victimhood and loss of loved ones. Memories and $$$$ in lieu of life.

Great job US Americans.....

Dana.

Almost all humans around the world are gifted to see as natural, if not good, whatever they became familiar to since their childhood.
For example, I noticed that, in some countries, humans could be sold and bought, even in these days, by powerful rich owners. Fortunately, those humans see such deals as being natural whenever the owners of their relatively small company sell it (including its personnel and workers, besides many other things) to owners of another big one.
Please correct me if my observation is wrong.
I gave this example because it happened that while I was able contacting some engineers who worked in a certain company (about electronics), they apologized lately for not having this right anymore after they had new owners (well, new bosses, if you like). After all, they have to gain their daily bread... by also obeying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back