Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just testing, Turn your Junebug into a PICKit2 Serial Analyzer *with a second 18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

I was just tinkering with one of my Junebug kits and thought I'd load the Microchip PICkit2 Serial Analyzer firmware onto a spare 18F2550 and swap the chip for the programmer chip.

Seems OK so far, I'll test the I2C master mode tomorrow and update this thread.

The I2C pins (not available externally on a genuine PICkit2) are available from the 16 pin expansion connector along the top of the Junebug.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• PKS-0304-02-WITHBOOT-0103.zip
    17 KB · Views: 135
Well the I2C Master mode works, you need a pair of 4.7K pullups on CON3 (RB1 = SCL, RB0 = SDA) and you're good to go. Talking to a PCF8575 with this.

i just noticed my junebug top header is damaged so i will perform emergency operation later on today and replace it with a new female header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back