Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just had to vent about youtube pharma ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
how many times when watching youtube do you see little short ads "ask your doctor about Placeboleine" with no explanation whatsoever about what the stuff is for? or "Hypochondriactin" or "Gullibleomycin"? sounds to me like going to a doctor and asking out of the blue about any of these products in a 15 second youtube ad is asking for trouble. how many other ads do you see "Did you get prescribed the Little Purple Pill, and have suffered with Cancer or Death?, Call our Law office today!"

sorry just venting, and also hoping for some humor about ads on youtube i find really annoying sometimes.

unclejed613

Search YouTube or web for "Placeboleine", no hits.....

Sounds like a hack/malware/fraud......origin unknown.....

Can you click thru to get a URL ?

Regards, Dana.

I installed AD blocker I never see ADs anymore on YouTube or any where else. ADs blocker does goofy things when I buy something on Ebay it sometimes blocks payment even thou it shows I paid for the item. I have 3 browsers that solves my problem, 1 browser allows me to use my printer that will not work on the other 2 browsers. 1 browser is AD blocker for YouTube.

Last edited:
In the US, prescription pharmaceuticals weren't allowed to say what they were for (don't ask me to explain the logic behind that) until recently. Now, they can say what they are for, but if they do, they must talk about the side effects, contraindications, and etc.

In the US, prescription pharmaceuticals weren't allowed to say what they were for (don't ask me to explain the logic behind that) until recently. Now, they can say what they are for, but if they do, they must talk about the side effects, contraindications, and etc.
As far as I'm aware there's no such advertising here - basically because of the free NHS health care system - it's doctors the pharmaceutical companies have to convince, not the patients who have no say in it.

In a phone call a few months ago with my surgeon he told me to contact my GP (General Practitioner - doctor!), to arrange for a 12 wire ECG (so he could decide if I could be taken off the 'drug of last resort'), and also for them to alter my prescription for a more 'gentle' anti-coagulant.

So these were fairly important changes, removing two drugs with serious and common side effects - but no, the GP wouldn't do either without a letter from the surgeon!. So I had to wait a number of weeks before that finally came through.

So no point targetting me with drugs, I can't do anything about it anyway.

also i wonder what a Placebo is and how Placeboleine was created from that. It would be interesting to see the ingredence list for that to see exactly how much Placebo is in the Placeboleine.

uhho brb... office shwartz from the irs division of the cra wants me to pay my taxes with money cards for the 47th time this year.

Also now a days ads are targeted using cookies. which is dumb. cuz now i get the adds for Rona, after i'v shopped there. its like "great rona i had no idea you existed till now, thanks ad, way to increase diversity!"

I also suspect Google in abeding in these ads since ... (i see semiconductor ads here on eto all the time), but what is really strange is when the same ad is able to pop up across 50 different unrelated websites and all in the same time frames (weeks).
(&using chrome)

either the internet is loosing its diversity or there is an AI mastermind (who follows trends and has no idea what i really want/need) at play.

Ya, no, I know, not sentient, but dumb af. this one time, i watched a funny dog video, and now all my suggestions are dog vids... and the dog vids i already watched, now Im sorry i watched the dog vid.

I guess i am just hoping the search engine algorithim gods read this and realise that their current mechnism needs to go out the window, since its actually more restricting than helpful.

I searched a while ago for lipo batteries and now all the ads I get EVERYWHERE are for lipo batteries. I'm with DrDoggy, A.I. is T.A.P.S. Maybe I should try watching a funny dog video.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back