Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustafa kb

just like a mobile bluetooth device work for sending data.Has anyone thought of sending power charge from a charged phone to a battery low phone??

Are you talking about sending the actual power to charge the battery?

yes, Tesla did. He was going to beam free power to everyone, but they tore down his antennae at the start of WWII. Said it could be used as a 'landmark' for enemy subs to navigate with... like the skyscrapers of NY couldn't be??

It's called Induction charging, and they make devices to do it (charge your cell phones without plugging them in), and costs around $100...

Hey

If you did that you will get a Noble Prize , believe me.

some of such related works is done at MIT, you can check in Google: energy+wireless+transmission. an electric lamp was lighted without wires.

yes, Tesla did. He was going to beam free power to everyone, but they tore down his antennae at the start of WWII. Said it could be used as a 'landmark' for enemy subs to navigate with... like the skyscrapers of NY couldn't be??

Actually it was during World War I (1917), and by that point Tesla was no longer in possession of the property (he had transferred it in payment of a debt)... so it's not like he was in the middle of working with it when the government decided it might be a problem. Also, the Wardenclyffe Tower would've been a far more remarkable singular landmark than a conglomeration of relatively nondescript skyscrapers (which might've gotten a U-boat in the general vicinity of NYC, but for a foreigner, could still be difficult to distinguish from one another to determine a precise target, especially at night).

**broken link removed**

versus

**broken link removed**

P.S.: He also planned it to be used for wireless communication -- just a bit of extra Tesla Trivia :D

Last edited:
I bet it freaked out a lot of folks, in them days such things were not as common as they are now and would have caused a few old wives tales.
I wonder what swr it'd get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back