Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeer_engjbr

Hi Everyone,
I'de like to thank you all for your help previosly.
I need to know the difference between an "IR Extender" and an "IR repeater".
Last week i was gathering information and tommorow i'll buy the components for buliding the IR repeater circuit, and the tester circuit. however i won't connect 555 as the website shows, but as an Astable and i hope it works.
Wish me luck.
A.J.

Abeer_engjbr said:
Hi Everyone,
I'de like to thank you all for your help previosly.
I need to know the difference between an "IR Extender" and an "IR repeater".
Last week i was gathering information and tommorow i'll buy the components for buliding the IR repeater circuit, and the tester circuit. however i won't connect 555 as the website shows, but as an Astable and i hope it works.
Wish me luck.
A.J.

If I had to pick a difference, I'd consider a device which attached to the original IR transmitter (perhaps replacing the original's IR LEDs and/or output stage) an IR extender or booster. If I had another device which sat in the middle of the room and sent out more powerful copies of IR signals it received, I'd call that an IR repeater.

However, I would say that you could call either one an IR extender (or range booster or whatever) if you wanted to. But I'd only call something an IR repeater if it "repeated" IR signals which it received.

Clear as mud?

BTW, you didn't post the website or schematic you intend to use. It's hard to say how the 555 change will affect things without that.

At any rate, good luck, A.J.!

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back