Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug wont load program

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyuiop2

Just finished setting up my junebug kit.On connection to mplab,i get:

Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.30
Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.20.1
PICkit 2 Unit ID = OlHoss
Target power detected ( 4.09V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC18F2550 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x1240, ID Read = 0x0)
PICkit 2 Ready

i didnt think much of it since it said pickit2 ready.But I keep getting a id read=0x0 no matter what i try to do.Im guessing its because the pic isnt being found,but I have no idea why.Please bear with me as Im mostly a programmer and this is my foray into electronics.

It shouldn't be looking for a 18F2550 as that is the Pickit2 hardware itself. The tutor contains a 18F1320 and to see it you need switches 1,2&3 on.

Mike.

Also always remember to select the correct device in MPlab. In the menu select "Configure" then "Select Device". I forget this often :D lol

The PICKit2 2.55 standalone software (IMO a must have) can autodetect many target PICs. It's also got that handy UART tool & Logic analyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back