Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug PIC Kit problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enrico

Dear all,

I have bought and assembled a Junebug kit, besides some missing components I finally managed to mount it properly. Afterwards I followed all instructions at Junebug manual page 11 with respect to Sword Fish compiler. I also have download the MPLAB IDE and Pickit 2 softwares.

No matter what I cannot make the Junebug LED demo work, I can't see LEDs blinking. I also tried to copy and paste the MPASM code into the Swordfish compiler. Once I try to compile & program I get and error ''invalid expression'' and ''expected" at the line which says ''Include <p18f1320.Inc>.

I also tried to count with help of MPLAB or Pickkit 2 without success. The amber LED remains on all the time, and once trying to load any hex program I see the LED A6 remains on with very weak intensity.

Can anyone help me to figure out what is happening and perhaps give a hand to a beginner with JuneBug kit ?

Last edited:
Hi Pommie,

Thks for the reply. I do not know how make it work with MPLAB, it always ask to select programmer or debugger and I choose Pickit2. Now with Pickit 2 it seems it is working fine, I mean it detects, read, verify.

The good news is that if it writes and verifies with the PICkit2 software the junebug is ok.

Asm and Swordfish are quite different languages. You can not use a asm program in swordfish or a swordfish program in asm.

Now you will have to learn a programing language. Given that you are talking about swordfish I expect that is your choice. See **broken link removed** for tutorials.

The good news is that if it writes and verifies with the PICkit2 software the junebug is ok.

Asm and Swordfish are quite different languages. You can not use a asm program in swordfish or a swordfish program in asm.

Now you will have to learn a programing language. Given that you are talking about swordfish I expect that is your choice. See **broken link removed** for tutorials.

Hi 3V0. Thank you for the answer.

Any way to make the Demo LED work ? What are the procedures and sequence of events I shall follow to see the LEDs to blink ? I have Swordfish, MPLAB and Pickit2 SW.

Last edited:
anyone to help me ?

Hi 3V0. Thank you for the answer.

Any way to make the Demo LED work ? What are the procedures and sequence of events I shall follow to see the LEDs to blink ? I have Swordfish, MPLAB and Pickit2 SW.

I was able to generate the *.asm and *.hex file, but once trying to use the MPASM pressing F10, there is a message of programming but it stops. Trying to load it or even the *.bas into Pickit 2 it seems work, but nothing happens to the leds (I got the example of LEDS from Junebox).

Last edited:
I was able to generate the *.asm and *.hex file, but once trying to use the MPASM pressing F10, there is a message of programming but it stops. Trying to load it or even the *.bas into Pickit 2 it seems work, but nothing happens to the leds (I got the example of LEDS from Junebox).

We need to work on a single demo to start with. Maybe you are. Post the source code for the demo you are attempting, what you do, what does not work. It will work if you slow down and let us help you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back