Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
error??

what is a bas and sfp file.
I don't see any asm files??
I copied and pasted but get errors
what formatting do I need to add?
why are some letters in bold black and others in green etc.
I think the bold = instructions?
the green are subroutines?

Attachments

• Capture4-9-2009-3.31.49 PM.jpg
    Capture4-9-2009-3.31.49 PM.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 289
Ahh I see now. You're using the Swordfish BASIC IDE. You should be using MPLAB (and running the Wizard as described in the Junebug manual)
As awesome as the Swordfish IDE is it is only meant for BASIC programs.
MPLAB is an IDE for .ASM (MPASM) & .C (C18, ccs, HiTech, etc...)
Swordfish is an IDE & compiler for .BAS files
PICKit2 has the Logic tool & Uart Tool. It is best for loading .HEX files
PK2CMD.EXE is the DOS command line program.

Close Swordfish and open MPLAB and run the Wizard. The add BLINKY.ASM as a Source file.

Last edited:
Here's a zip file containing BLINKY.HEX
You can use the PICKit2 2.6x software to load and program (there's a button in the bottom right that does this in one step).

Attachments

• Blinky.zip
    264 bytes · Views: 267
futz He has been reading my posts and it rubbed off on him. lol
barbebeaan it's taking over.

Last edited:
Egads now Im lost again

loaded mplab again
loaded? the blinky asm file but now what
using the swordfish thingy is easier I think but then this is all new
need to locate step by step directions on the mplab I guess
unless theres a short cut??

Last edited:
You can program with swordfish if you have this set right

Attachments

• swordfish.PNG
    swordfish.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
I is gonna try that be80be

I am using mplab8.2 on win xp -maybe thats why I am having trouble doing anything in mplab
gonna go to swardfish and try your edit suggestion.
just need to figure out what a blind hex is??

BIND not blind I missed that

now where to download mplab 7.6
as I only found 8.20
I assume the morphed post was from within mplab not swordfish??

You want 8.20
Just choose absolute if it asks when compiling BLINKY.ASM

I've had little success with integrating Swordfish & MPLAB. Besides the Swordfish IDE is terrific for BASIC programs.

I am using mplab8.2 on win xp -maybe thats why I am having trouble doing anything in mplab
gonna go to swardfish and try your edit suggestion.
just need to figure out what a blind hex is??
the item is "bind hex" and not BLIND HEX
Ps:Oh already clarified by 3v0

Last edited:
Like I said swordfish doesn't like mplab if it is a newer the 7.6 you don't want 7.6 Just use swordfish it can program your pick swordfish uses command line to build the HEX what i showed you is where you put the command Bill has it in his junebug manual .
Mplab works fine with XP your just trying to do things the wrong way.I done it to. I like mplab want to use ever thing with it don't work. See it was me
Mplab is fine I was setting it up wrong. It take time to learn how it all works. I was going to post a screen by screen of how you set up swordfish to program with a pickit2 or junebug showing you where to set all the setting.I did one for mplab and assembly for some one who couldn't get that Source file path exceeds 62 characters. It help.

Last edited:
This is one of my gripes with the state of affairs. Microchip has been slow getting MPLAB up to speed. That has encouraged language vendors to create their own IDE's but they are not willing to make them work with microchp ICD (CCS will sell you their version) or make sure their compiler plays nice with MPLAB.

3v0

to be80be = a line by line

explaniation on setting up mplab with swordfish would for sure help alot of would be pic programmers.
Blueroom mentioned mplab asking for absolute when trying to get the blinky.asm file working????
I need to get some woodworking projects done for my scout pack. get back at this tonight.
hopfully figure out whats going on.
I thought I had it but then the blinky file won't work.
bas, asm, sfp etc files ???? drive one to drink--lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back