Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug and MPLAB 8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

Why is it that when I use PicKit2 Ver2.61 (with Bill's Junebug) to program my 16F88 the PIC application works when downnload is complete (without me having to remove the ICSP cable)

BUT

when using MPLAB, once I've programmed the PIC (from the PicKit2 program toolbar) I have to remove the ICSP cable before the PIC starts working? It programs without any errors, but it does not seem to want to work thereafter for as long as the cable is still connected to the Junebug??

Do you have the PK2 selected as a programmer - not debugger?
If so, go to menu programmer->settings and select the option "run after a successful program".

Mike.

Ahh, wait, I can answer my own question ....

With reference to attached picture,

error-jpg.28238

all I need to do once a download is completed, is to click on the icon, "Bring target MCLR to Vdd" and away she goes. :D

Nice hey? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 330
Do you have the PK2 selected as a programmer - not debugger?
If so, go to menu programmer->settings and select the option "run after a successful program".

Mike.

Ahh, Thanks Mike, that works even better!

(BTW, what's happening with the cricket?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back