Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDY-10 Bluetooth BLE Uart Transceiver Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using ESP32 with simple arduino sketch that connects to JDY-10 service and serial terminal to get data from JDY-10 on windows PC. Currrently for debug purpose.

I'm planning to use nRF51822 chip in the near future to create nodes with custom UUID's and to use Rpi as receiver for bunch of 25pcs of wireless nodes. - That will be time for me to investigate unix and BLE communication for god. ( I saw some examples with NodeRED )

Good day!
Please somebody help me. My JDY-10 displayed in HM10 Bluetooth Serial Lite and successfully connected, but in iPhone Bluetooth settings only displayed when connected (device name JDY-10-v2.4). When connection closed JDY-10 don't displayed in iPhone settings.

You need a "bluetooth terminal" program.

Try "BLE Terminal" or "AirTerminal" from the app store - either of those can be use to connect from an iphone to a typical BTLE device and send / receive text etc.

Thank you for reply! But there is no problem connecting to JDY-10, the question is why JDY-10-v2.4 does not appear in the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone.

Thank you for reply! But there is no problem connecting to JDY-10, the question is why JDY-10-v2.4 does not appear in the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone.
View attachment 120664

Off hand, If it is not advertising, iPhone will not see it. I assume that your iPhone has seen it before - right?

When it is connected, it is not advertising, of course. But, when it *thinks* it is connected, (even though you know better) it will not be advertising. It will also not be advertising if it has crashed somewhere along the line. That is my off hand guess what is going on.

I use nRF Master control panel with Android devices - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.mcp&hl=en_US I HIGHLY recommend this, if you have some Android handy, but there must be something like it for iPhone. I have found this tool to have saved me many hours when dealing with these kind of issues.

iPhone sees JDY-10-v2.4 only when the connection is already established. As I understand it, JDY-10 should advertise itself.

BTLE (Low Energy) devices do not "connect" the same way as other bluetooth devices.

The connection is created on-the-fly as needed and then dropped again - that's why apps such as the terminal programs can connect and communicate, but there is no connectable device in a conventional bluetooth scan.

Edit - see here and note the "Compatibility" section:

Last edited:
I have never used the JDY-10-V24 and I don't use anything that even sounds like iOS.. I looked briefly at this doc for the JDY device https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mHWT3GhELCj-6yxsam0k5bjzazq8nnPoz4B_gYh04k

It looks similar to the old HM-10 and HM-11 devices which I have had more experience with than I care to admit. They use TI BLE chips with their own firmware revolving around a bunch of very poorly documented "AT" commands.

I am not certain, but it looks like you can set these devices up as Beacons, Peripherals or Central devices or variants of what I think those devices are supposed to be in a strict BLE sense. Look at the examples in the linked doc. To add to those traditional roles, there is:

1. Pass-through the WeChat (support AirSync protocol, used in WeChat communication H5 or server manufacturers, including long packet data analysis Transceiver)
  2. WeChat control mode (motor speed control, LED light switch control)
  3. APP transparent transmission (support Android, IOS data transparent transmission)
  4. iBeacon mode (support micro-letter shake agreement with Apple iBeacon agreement)
  5. Sensor mode (number of sensors of temperature, humidity and other acquisition applications)
  6. Host transparent mode (transparent transmission of data between the application module, to communicate with the host machine from)
  7. Host observer mode (sensor applications, indoor location)
  8. PWM mode (applied to the motor speed, LED lights dimming)
  9. IO mode (used in mobile phones to control relays or LED light off)
  10. Indoor room-bit applications (applications to achieve data collection iBeacon range positioning)
  11. RTC mode
  12. RTC alarm mode: Room settings can be set to control the RTC alarm time IO port, supports two alarm

I'm not sure that I can be of much help, but the point I was trying to make is that if you set it up as a Central device, then it is not going to be advertising, it is going to be looking for other devices (peripherals) to find and connect to. That may be what you are experiencing, but I am not sure.

Again, sorry I can't be of much help, but I came to the conclusion that the HM-10/HM-11 devices are not worth the aggravation and I think that I would probably add this JDY device into that pot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back