Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM 1 resistor programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
To eliminate the problem being associated with the usb/ser convertor, try programming on a normal pc with a std com port.

I dont belive that the usb port can deliver the same signals that a serial port can.

I tried with my friend's laptop it is also not working.
Is their anything i should take note?

I wouldnt bother pursuing the Q&D method, if you cant get it to work, build a proper programmer like this one:

**broken link removed** which does work.....I've built several. All work first time.Search the board there's a pcb layout on here somewhere that I posted a while back.

The easypic schematic is wrong if you compare it with the newpic circuit. I think the cathode pin of D1 and the + end of C1 should be connected to the other end of R2 at the base pin of Q1.

Attachments

• 000092.gif
    000092.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,642
Guys thanks for your help.
I tried both the programmers and it worked.
The 1 resistor also worked but my serial port do not produce enough voltage (4-6V) I added a 9v battery and it works.

To Chippie:
I wanted somethign simple and very low cost that i can ask those who are new to electronics to do and i dun wish to troubleshoot many boards :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back