Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I've seen it all - or man's best friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mexican-Americans do the same thing around me (talk in Spanish as if I wasn't there)

Maybe some of them do it because is easier to communicate in their mother language, not to exclude you from the conversation. Some spanish words have no equivalent in english.

By the way, damnl!!! my blood boils when I hear "voy a workear" "voy en mi trucka" "call me cuando llegues". Why such offense against both spanish and english?

Thanks god that only happens in mexican-american context.

Last edited:
Maybe some of them do it because is easier to communicate in their mother language, not to exclude you from the conversation. Some spanish words have no equivalent in english.

While that may sometimes be the case, it often becomes apparent that the conversation changes languages when you're nearby, and more than once I've got the distinct impression that they are saying something about me in a language I don't understand, which isn't particularly pleasant.

Avoiding that kind of situation is just another reason to learn languages :) since I only speak two languages I've only caught someone out with that once, while on holiday in Turkey everyone assumed I was German (though I never did find out why) and thought that their comments in English would go unnoticed :D

I can believe the story. When I was 18yrs old and stationed in the Philippines, I had a little place off base. I had a few chairs, table, VCR, TV, and a few other comforts. One night I got somewhat inebriated and brought two bar girls home. We drank for awhile and for some reason I blacked out (I think they slipped something in my drink)

When I awoke, I was on the floor, no TV, no VCR or table. I was completely cleaned out, they even took my last few beers.

I am just wondering what Boncuks wife would think about him hanging out with three ladies???

Uhhh...Why would you take two bar girls to your house? :eek:

Uhhh...Why would you take two bar girls to your house? :eek:

I didn't think that was even worth asking :eek: I guess the moral of this story is not to pick up filipino prostitutes. Wait... bar girls? I could have sworn when I first looked it said 'call girls'. Was that a sly edit to avoid embarrassment? ;)

Last edited:
I didn't think that was even worth asking :eek: I guess the moral of this story is not to pick up filipino prostitutes. Wait... bar girls? I could have sworn when I first looked it said 'call girls'. Was that a sly edit to avoid embarrassment? ;)

Pattaya police report: No bar girls, no call girls, just 2,500 service girls. :D

More like an appropriate term. This is a family show. :p

Pattaya police report: No bar girls, no call girls, just 2,500 service girls. :D

I had the chance to visit Pattaya for a few days, sure was fun :)

Go away for awhile and Whoop there it is .......

This is the funniest thread I've seen in a long time. But, believable I have stories that seem far fetched too. The real problem is you don't understand the level of stupidity in a criminal.

Once you understand their intelligence level "equal to a fruit fly"

Then you know how and when to respond.

I just wish you had gotten Audio and Video. Youtube :p

kv:D

Last edited:
Unfortunately killivolt, it's that kind of attitude that gets many people robbed or killed. The assumption that someone who chooses to break the law must therefore be stupid is completely illogical and a very, very bad idea. You're mistaking "criminals" with "criminals who get caught by the police". Stands to reason the ones which can be so easily caught by the police are the ones lacking intelligence.

I'm sure Mikebits can attest to the fact that people can be very devious in depriving you of your possessions ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately killivolt, it's that kind of attitude that gets many people robbed or killed. The assumption that someone who chooses to break the law must therefore be stupid is completely illogical and a very, very bad idea. You're mistaking "criminals" with "criminals who get caught by the police". Stands to reason the ones which can be so easily caught by the police are the ones lacking intelligence.

I'm sure Mikebits can attest to the fact that people can be very devious in depriving you of your possessions ;)

I do believe in this case you are talking about lawyers, lending institutions, and collection services which is paramount to legal extortion these are known as carpet baggers . The term carpetbaggers was used to describe the white northern Republican politicians who came South, arriving with their travel carpetbags.

In the United Kingdom, the term was adopted to refer informally to those who join a mutual organization, such as a building society, in order to force it to demutualize — to convert into a joint stock company – solely for personal financial gain. These are caught " Yes " but under the naked eye of Post mortem cavatatie by then they have fled to the under belly of the books hiding between the pages.

I think bancuk described simple capture and in this case concludes to your result.

kv;):D

Only that it's rude to speak in a language that you think others don't know, specifically to exclude them.
To hell with the language issue ... they were making plans to rob his home ... that's the rude part!

Shoo fly.

I do believe you are incorrect. Please don't put words in my mouth, and please do not misquote me by adding colour or anything else.

Really, to put it bluntly you are the one with the offensive language.. I was making a joke.

You took it to the next level not me. If your going to promote rational or irrational, logical or illogical allegory's then don't be offended or accuse me of coloring words if you don't want someone to become defensive.

Mixing down someone's comments to an illogical manor is a shifty way to assert condensation.

To steal anything in any way not excluding idea's, story's, possessions. I believe is illogical and stupid. Maybe you respect their craftiness or slight of hand but it does nothing to further ones existence. This only serves to create power struggles and gives rise to many conflicts by drumming it down to the simplest common denominator.

With that I think this hole conversation belongs to a Tsetse fly summation.

Adding up to all the things that bug me.:p

kv:D

Before this discussion goes into languages and the use of them here is an experience you can only gain living in SEA.

When I was young I always thought that the USA is the country of unlimited possibilities.

I got corrected after a few days of living in Thailand.

Imagine you're torturing your PC keyboard and all of a sudden all lights extinguish and your UPS starts beeping.

You certainly would guess a very common problem - mains failure. Thais can "produce" mains failures by stealing the power lines between poles and burn off the insulation to sell the copper for booze or drugs. :mad:

The job is done quite quickly since the power poles are made of concrete and have holes to make servicing quicker. Just take along a bunch of iron rods, stick them into the holes, and you make it up the pole faster than an ape can climb a tree.

Maybe the electric wiring is burried in Germany for that reason. :D , also taking care of a less beautiful skyline of cities. :)

We have a saying in Germany: "Friendship halts for money." In Thailand even neighborhood halts for money. Thais don't get bad feelings stealing at their best neighbor's.

BTW. I didn't hang out with those three "ladies". My wife took them to our home because they wanted to see a "live farang". (I'm the only one within a radius of 20km.)

Boncuk

Imagine you're torturing your PC keyboard and all of a sudden all lights extinguish and your UPS starts beeping.

You certainly would guess a very common problem - mains failure. Thais can "produce" mains failures by stealing the power lines between poles and burn off the insulation to sell the copper for booze or drugs. :mad:

Someone recently tried that in my area and we suffered a 10-day power outage. Their methods were a little more inept though, they tried to put an axe through a 132kV cable... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had the chance to visit Pattaya for a few days, sure was fun :)

Nowadays it's not so funny anymore. It might end deadly being infected with HIV, which has double speed in tropic countries.

Tim, an Englishman, got married to one of the Pattaya service girls. She died of HIV after six months, and he followed her eight months later.

The embassies of all over the world have a lot of work to do taking care to get the corpses back to their home countries, some of them not having died of HIV, but of the stress being with a service girl. (What a beautiful way to say "good bye" to the world. :rolleyes:)

BTW. Thai girls are the most boring ones I've experienced concerning "living as a couple". They are more or less puritans.

I think, Pattaya, Phuket and all the touristic islands in the Gulf of Thailand are nothing but disgusting. If one "service girl" dies because of HIV there are ten more to follow.

There are some exceptional girls who have a "farang" friend to take care of their monetary needs, e.g. a Japanese who pays for air conditioner repair twice a month, visiting his "girl" once a year for two weeks. She normally spends the other 50 weeks in Pattaya. :eek:

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back