Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isolating PGD and PGC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mynameisdan

I had a quick scoot round the forums and google but I didn't have much luck, I'm wondering how I can isolate PGD and PGC from the rest of my circuit while programming. I was thinking to use 2 MOSFETs (because that's what I have) tied to MCLR. Looking on google I saw a schematic that uses 2 10K resistors. I thought a simple pull down would be enough but I have very little space left on my board and I'd like to get it right first time.

At the moment I simply unplug a connector that goes to a LCD while programming, but ideally I want to be able to leave everything connected.

Hi,

Have a look at page 27 of the Microchip Pickit2 Users Guide which shows you how to connect Mclre / Vpp.
Clk and Dat if used on the output data lines d6 / d7 to the lcd will probably be ok with a 470R or 1k resistor in series as shown in the same diagram.

Hi Wp100,

I have looked at the diagram and the resistor values are unmarked, I will try a 1K resistor in series. Thanks.

A 470 to 1K would work fine I would use a 1K or bigger if you can

Attachments

• ISP.PNG
    ISP.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 346
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back