Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

isn't displacement negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Could you please help me with the query included in the attachment? Thank you.

Regards
PG

Last edited:
Look at the diagram.

Q is still on the positive side of the origin, so the displacement (ie it position with respect to the origin) is positive.

Simple.

JimB

Look at the diagram.

Q is still on the positive side of the origin, so the displacement (ie it position with respect to the origin) is positive.

Simple.

JimB

Thank you, Jim.

Sorry. I forgot that displacement's direction is defined with reference to some point, not with reference in which direction movement is taking place.

Regards
PG

And since this is a sine wave, it will be positive in the first and second quarters, and negative in third and fourth quarters. (Remember All, Sine, Cosine, Tan)

And since this is a sine wave, it will be positive in the first and second quarters, and negative in third and fourth quarters. (Remember All, Sine, Cosine, Tan)

Hi,

Dont you mean All, Sin, Tan, Cos ?

Code:
             y

|
             |
    SIN      |    ALL
             |
             |
  -----------+------------- x
             |
             |
    TAN      |    COS
             |
             |

Last edited:
YES! that's it, I'm always forgeting 3rd or 4th is the sosine as it is always (in my mind) follows sine.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back