Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Isis 42 Inch TV ?Child lock. PLease help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah Saunders

Hi

I bought a Isis 42 inch Tv a few years ago. When I got it on it refused to turn on. Luckily the man I bought the refurbished TV off can round and fixed it. He said the "child lock' was on. He did not explain how he did it.
I unplugged the TV for 4 days this week when I was decorating the room. Now the thing will not turn on again in the same manner. I have tried 0000, 1111 and 9999 etc. But to no avail. I am getting no display on the screen.
I am unable to contact said man. I cannot find any Isis customer service number or an online manual.

Can anyone help or provide an isis customer service number
model isi-42-900-tvb1080pu

thank you in advance

sarah

Welcome to the wonderful world of unbranded TV's :)

I think your TV was made by Vestel and carries various brand names like Technika etc. That said, the earlier Vestel/ Technika sets had a master system lock code of 4711, which allowed you back into the system menu if you had changed the normal pass code and then forgotten it. This may or may not be the case for your TV though as the various retailers customised stuff like the menus etc just for their own brand name :)

Just for the record, I haven't heard of the system lock coming on just because of the TV being unplugged, unless it was already active beforehand. What are the exact symptoms, is the TV asking for a pass code or is it completely dead or just standby light on etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back