Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISD1700 record voice IC damage from power 12V .

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmc01

I was use isd1700 to record voice. It can work normally. But today, I use the power supply to 12V, which make it very hot. And when I press the button LED is not flashing anymore, so I removed the old one out and now I put socket 28pin for ISD1700 into circuit . It will make easy to change new IC . And when I put new ISD1700 the LED is not flashing anymore, I check Resistor and Capacitor all circuit in the data sheet on page 16, Every Resistor and Capacitor OK. After that I check power 5V on PCB .The power was normal but when I press the button, LED is not flashing and have no sound. So I don't know how to repair it. please help me.

Check that
1) the IC is the correct way round in its socket and is fully seated,
2) no pin of the IC has beeen accidentally bent under the IC.

I was use isd1700 to record voice. It can work normally. But today, I use the power supply to 12V, which make it very hot...QUOTE]My emphasis.

It would appear that you've considerably exceeded the max Vcc for this device (by 218%):

ISD1700 MaxRatings.JPG

Little wonder its misbehaving.

I did notice your indicating a 5VDC value, but see no 12 to 5V circuit on the page 16 schematic. Where did you measure this value?

See all of page 13 of the datasheet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back