Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is TV refresh frequency dependent on mains frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what part of the world you may be referring to, or when you say 'old' just how old you mean, but virtually every television receiver that I've seen and/or dismantled, as far back as circa 1950, had full wave rectifiers. And by 'full-wave' I don't mean bridge. I mean things like a 5U4 full wave rectifier vacuum tube with a centre tapped transformer secondary which is indeed full wave, although it's not a 'bridge' rectifier.

I'm referring to anywhere with a civilised mains voltage :D

TV's didn't have mains transformers, there was no need - but with only 110V mains you probably need one to step it up to a sensible voltage :rolleyes:

I can't even remember a TV with a valve rectifier? - they were generally selenium (metal) in old sets or silicon in later ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back