Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this DC engine broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretter

Hi.

I'm not an el-technician (or english speaking), but maybe I can make myself understod.

I have this police motorcycle for kids, that don't work any more. It can't drive, so I've taken it apart. The wheels are driven by an electrical engine.

Apparently the wires leading to the engine supplies 5V DC. I've meassured this with my multimeter.

Having taken the engine out, the resistance between the terminal on the engine is 0 ohms. Does this endicate that the engine is broken?
Also, there is a capacitator between the terminals on the engine, so maybe that is broken?

I'm hoping some one can either confirm that the resistance should be more or that 0 ohms doesn't indicate a broken engine or capacitator.

If you read this far... Thank you. :-D

Bo

5VDC is an unusual battery voltage. Are there markings on the battery? 12V is more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back