Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there anyone out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, let's see, it's been an hour since 3:30 am UTC (GMT), so that will make this a very slow chat room .... but I'm out here, although the "chatting" may not be what you were hoping for.

Dean

D.H. said:
...although the "chatting" may not be what you were hoping for...
With a few rare (and even then, dubious) exceptions, welcome to the sausage factory. But whatever does it for ya!

In the event the O.P.'s looking for a conversation of a more generic quality: welcome to the Internet! Getting a conversation on the Internet is like getting Chinese food in New York City at 4am... no problem! I think I can speak for most forum members when I say it's an honour to be chosen out of a myriad of options available. So... what do you want to talk about?

Here's a conversation starter: How did you manage to retire at 46?

Last edited:
I need help sorting out my ups systems. I've had 2 die on the same location. Is it wrong to plug an ups into a surge supressor? The first one lasted a long time, then blew when I plugged in one more component ( it was an apc). I would love to learn how to fix these things. The second one blew right away at the first power outage, about 4 hours after plugin. I'm in St. Thomas. The second one is a CyberPower 1000. It's funny, the AC comes thru, but no battery action.

Ok. I am here. Let's talk... Oh... wait... you are not signed in!? Some company you are!

Hello thank you for answer..i like you to know that i'm not so good in english but also i'm very inexperienced about this forum.....if you have some ideas i need a simple circuit diagram for a triac based ac-motor control protection...it's my meat-grinder thats almost gone to heaven...it's german and they don' whant to help so much.....hope for your reply ...if you have the time.....have a nice night ...Holger

Hello

mikek said:
I'm back, just stepped out
Welcome back...from Sweden...my name is Holger..and i am also a new member...looking forward to hear from you..have a good evening...Holger

Hello..thank you for your reply...and you must know tthat i'm not so good with your language but i'll try my best...abt. my early retirement...it ia a very long and maybe sad story so it would take up a whole lot of your time..so for now ...it is a little difficult for me to explain in an easy way..maybe some other time... it was a kind of an accident!...have a nice evening...p.s. need some help with my meatgrinder triac control/ac-motor protection circuit...i don.t now exactly why it's dead but i have a broken transient-NTC and maybe also an bt136 triac...in the circuit is some kind of diod but i don' know what it is...is a simple on/off function with mechanical switches and protection...tge ordinary glass-fuse is o.k.. now again have a good day or evening the time factor is new for me see ya ...Holger

Hi Holger,
I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, and I hope it turns around for you soon. Maybe the forum can help, at least with getting that meat grinder sorted out. I'm a little divided on this, personally, being a vegetarian myself! But let's try to be objective about your problem:
Holger said:
need some help with my meatgrinder triac control/ac-motor protection circuit...i don.t now exactly why it's dead but i have a broken transient-NTC and maybe also an bt136 triac...in the circuit is some kind of diod but i don' know what it is...is a simple on/off function with mechanical switches and protection...tge ordinary glass-fuse is o.k.
AC motor control is a little out of my league, but I know there are some forum members here who can really help you out with this. For starters, take what you've written that I've quoted here and start a new thread called "Need help with AC motor control," or something descriptive like that. That way you'll be sure to attract people with interest and experience in that area. Try to be as descriptive about your problem and your equipment as you can (part numbers, how the equipment is malfunctioning, etc). As a bonus (and if you can), include a schematic diagram of the electronics, or digital photographs (equipment, damaged parts you're having trouble identifying, etc) with your inquiry.

Good luck, and be sure to start that new thread specifically for your electronics problem. And don't worry about your English - you're already doing much better than most of the English-as-a-first-language people around here!

Last edited:
mikek said:
I need help sorting out my ups systems. I've had 2 die on the same location. Is it wrong to plug an ups into a surge supressor? The first one lasted a long time, then blew when I plugged in one more component ( it was an apc). I would love to learn how to fix these things. The second one blew right away at the first power outage, about 4 hours after plugin. I'm in St. Thomas. The second one is a CyberPower 1000. It's funny, the AC comes thru, but no battery action.
Hi mikek,
I think you'll want to start your own "new thread" for your question, as oppose to piggy-backing on Holger's. It's not just forum etiquette: your inquiries are unique/unrelated enough to warrant their own threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back