Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there any way to use two flash chips ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki81

I have just been thinking if there is any way to use 2 flash chips on a tp-link td-w8970 one with the stock firmware and one with openwrt on and a switch to select between them. I have found this circuit diagram will it work ?

**broken link removed**

Nikki x

It should work in theory. However, in practice it will only work when the device is switched off. In fact, if you happen to switch when a write is taking place you could mess up one or both chips.

Mike.

Check out 1 to 2 decoder chips. I am sure you can find the right logic. The Diode will cause a violation to the flash VIH spec.

The minimum input high voltage is VCC x 0.7 = 2.1V. The forward voltage drop of that diode at 1.5mA is around 0.2V. Shouldn't be a problem.

Edit, I'd be more worried about it being switched when on. Is the /WP pin tied low?

Mike.

I just assumed the standard .7v drop. I suppose from the diode data sheet the spec is ok. They do have single 1 to 2 decoder IC's which would be much less parts.

Edit, I'd be more worried about it being switched when on. Is the /WP pin tied low?

I would change the switch to a jumper plug.

thank you. I think I need to get my breadboard out and do some experimenting. Using a jumper plug is a good idea !

Thanks Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back