Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is There an Engineering Type: what is your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the way that males interface with females: I don't know how many times people have pulled out in front of me while I am driving,
Definitely should not read that sentence out of context.

Definitely should not read that sentence out of context.
Yeah made me wonder where he was driving ;), maybe he is a taxi driver? That has to be distracting though :p.

I can't understand these two statements- their meaning or point of view. :wideyed:
I guess it helps to be 15 to understand it :D

I can't understand these two statements- their meaning or point of view. :wideyed:
I guess it helps to be 15 to understand it :D
I have a dirty mind and I love word-play, that's my excuse... A reference to males and females interfacing, and pulling out, though, you really don't find that to be an enormous source of amusement when read out of context?

I have a dirty mind and I love word-play, that's my excuse... A reference to males and females interfacing, and pulling out, though, you really don't find that to be an enormous source of amusement when read out of context?
Yes, amusing now I know. :joyful: But, you gotta keep things simple for me. :oops:

Last edited:
You gotta keep things simple for me. :oops:

Ok boy and girl in back of taxi erm............'interfacing' then pulling out in front of said taxi driver, now consider the statement about many people doing this while he has been driving, conclusion is he must be a taxi driver ;). Give me £50 for a long taxi ride and pay for a lady to interface with and I will do a tutorial you tube for you :D. Actually make it £200 for the taxi incase i need to do a few retakes :p. Also I dont drink so no cheap interface ladies please!

LG that's just too much information! *Sigh* Oh to be 15 again and have a mind that's not only dirty but also really *keen* as well. Oh well. I try to use being 48 as /my/ excuse, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Anyway the role of taxi driver does not fit with the scenario, as the "pulling out" happens in front of the driver, just not possible if the protagonists are inside the taxi (well, not if the driver is actually in the drivers seat, driving, anyway). That's the pedant in me speaking. I'll put him away now and get back to unreality...

Speaking of pulling out in front of someone, I did exactly that this week. Didn't see him, don't know where he came from. I pulled out into what I thought was a clear lane, and got thoroughly honked at by a very upset Merc driver, who I'd seen after I'd started pulling out and thought I'd carry on really quickly, which wasn't quick enough. F*** knows how I got away with that one.
The next day I swerved in front of a lorry.
Not my best week.

Last edited:
I think, gentlemen, that we have just witnessed a classic example of the old adage (my apologies to the originator) that a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste :oops:.

I have to think about that. I seem to be missing something...

Speaking of driving out in front of someone, I did exactly that this week. Didn't see him, don't know where he came from. I pulled out into what I thought was a clear lane, and got thoroughly honked at by a very upset Merc driver, who I'd seen after I'd started pulling out and thought I'd carry on really quickly, which wasn't quick enough. F*** knows how I got away with that one.

Ditto here, turning right (same as turning left in right-side drive countries). I was thinking about something else when I heard this almighty screeching followed by a scream from the missus. There was a Merc heading straight for the side of our car with white smoke bellowing from all four tires. I put my foot down hard; the front wheels just tramped but then caught and I got out of the way by hanging on to the steering wheel as the Merc's bonnet (hood) passed inches away from the missus's door. The Merc's thick black skid marks were on the road for months afterwards. There was probably about fifty quids worth of rubber left behind going by the price of Merc E Class tires.

About a year later, our son was doing around 60 on a main road near Bath and a Chinese lady drove out in front of him. Both cars were totaled, but luckily no one was seriously hurt because he managed to drive partly over her bonnet (hood) rather than hit side on. The Chinese lady blamed our son. He was not pleased, especially as his car was a year-old BM and his pride and joy. That was the second time that had happened to him in about three years, but the first incident was not so spectacular.

We live just next to a primary school and at around 9am and 3pm when the ladies drop off and collect their little darlins we cannot move our car. You wanna see the driving antics- wow! are they scary. The ones with the huge 4x4s (SUVs) are the most scary though. :arghh:

Last edited:
4x4's - I often call them (insert expletive)mobiles

(edit) This thread seems to have gone somewhat o/t. I feel partly responsible...

(edit edit) Unless it's all part of the "type" of course...

(edit edit edit) I was turning left, into the left hand lane of an urban dual carriageway. Traffic was in the other lane. Limit was 40 - or might have even have been 30.

4x4's - I often call them (insert expletive)mobiles

:joyful: Know what you mean. One of the school run babes is a slight 5'2", and is around 70; she pulls up in a long-wheel-base Toyota Land Cruiser with bull bars, roof lights and off-road tires. I guess she is a farmers wife and granny to the kids.

(edit) This thread seems to have gone somewhat o/t. I feel partly responsible...

(edit edit) Unless it's all part of the "type" of course...

Just relax Mr Throbscottle and tell us all about it- you don't mind if we take notes!

(edit edit edit) I was turning left, into the left hand lane of an urban dual carriageway. Traffic was in the other lane. Limit was 40 - or might have even have been 30.

We have all done it. :banghead:

This is what the the chap sitting on the barrel drives around as his car (auto): in the end it was banned from the factory car park, we think because it out-shone the MD's Jag :D

imgs653_abbott_10.jpg

Last edited:
spec, that guy's my HERO!

I've been threatening (wishing) to own a machine like that to drive around for years. The ultimate road rage ride (I love alliterations :cool:)

Manslaughter laws be damned, just get out of my way... or suffer the consequences :wideyed:.

On topic: Reckon there's a slot on the category list for "Occasionally has homicidal thoughts"? (Applicable only when encountering certifiable morons... :banghead:).

spec, that guy's my HERO!

I've been threatening (wishing) to own a machine like that to drive around for years. The ultimate road rage ride (I love alliterations :cool:)

Hi cowboy,

I have always wanted a 1959 Fordson Major tractor, in blue with orange wheels.

That vehicle is an Abbot mobile gun, rather than a tank. It has some kind of two stroke engine that will run pretty much on any fuel. It makes one hell of a racket and, on certain fuels, chucks out clouds of white and black smoke. It only does about a mile to the gallon, if I remember correctly, but he gets the fuel free from scrap yards who have drums of mixed fuels waiting for disposal.

Inside it's like being in a tin dustbin, with four or five people whacking it with ball-pain hammers.

Manslaughter laws be damned, just get out of my way... or suffer the consequences :wideyed:.

The Abbot is incredibly big and is very wide (the pic makes it look smaller than it is), but nobody gets in his way, but everybody stops for a chat if it is parked up. Kids and cops (alliteration) simply do not know what to do when they see it. :D

The owner is an Eng, but also runs a paint-ball site weekends- as well as killing the enemy, you get to drive the Abbot.

On topic: Reckon there's a slot on the category list for "Occasionally has homicidal thoughts"? (Applicable only when encountering certifiable morons... :banghead:).

I think that applies to most males and is not peculiar to Eng types. I frequently have homicidal thoughts about certain people, like those bastards that throw acid in women's faces.:mad:

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back