Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a way to tickle somebody with Electric current

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGS3

Hi all. So I'm working on an Art project, and I am using human capacitance to determine if two people are touching. I have that part working, but was also wondering if there was a way to cause a tickling sensation when the two people touch. Is there any feasible way to do this? Or am I just imagining the impossible (yet again). Thanks in advance!

Possible, but not particularly practical or safe if done improperly, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd need a high voltage very low current constant current source.

Hi all. So I'm working on an Art project, and I am using human capacitance to determine if two people are touching. I have that part working, but was also wondering if there was a way to cause a tickling sensation when the two people touch. Is there any feasible way to do this? Or am I just imagining the impossible (yet again). Thanks in advance!

Sorry... are we talking about electronics or women? :D

The one thing that I don't like about this is the more than likley it's going to be a hand on a shoulder or two hand touching, that's just how humans tend to make contact, which means the current is going to be going right across the chest, not such a good idea.

It should be possible, I remember lining up with a bunch of other fools and touching an electric fence; noone died.

But I wouldn't trust an artist to wire me up :p

What does lining up do? You're all touching the ground...especially the person nearest to the fence!

Next to no amps? Those things make me climb a chair like your stereotypical woman seeing a mouse (no offense to any women present) I REALLY hate the shock from them, especially to the hand, I'd hardly call it a tickle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back