Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a smart way how to find SMD item for the repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane11

What methods do you use to find an equivalent of a SMD part?
It is rather difficult to find it ( at least for me) because SMD parts do not have model number written.
Thank you for feedback

It is true that, due to their small size, that SMD devices don't have full part numbers on them. But semiconductor devices always have a few characters.

I use this website to help decipher all those codes. You still need to sort through all of the possible parts, but you have a much shorter list to go through.

http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

PS. I got this link from some previous poster here on ETO. I don't remember who, but thanks.

Unfortunately, chip capacitors and resistors smaller than 0603 don't have enough surface area to put any markings.

You do require the schematic and that the board has the legends printed on it, to be able to repair them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back