Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there a multi frequency receiver?help me i badly need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valerie

good day to all..hey is there a multifrequency receiver ckt?i need it for my design project..im building a wireless community fire alarm system..what i need to accomplish for this project is
1. rf remote control
2. rf transmitter and reciever ckt
3. a wireless smoke detector, or a receiver and transmitter for smoke detector
4. a multifrequency receiver ckt..(for indicator)
5. alarm

the concept of the project is for early warning for the nereby buildings if the a fire is going to occur in a building in their community...im planning to intall,for testing, 8 wireless smoke detector in each building, a summary indicator in the guard house to know what building is in the early stage of fire..the building on fire will send signal to the nereby buildings for early evacuation and a loud alarm will be signal automatically in the whole community. im planning to include a direct signal to the nereby fire rescue or police,...pls...help me make this possible...tnx... :wink:

I'm assuming you are expecting multiple smoke detectors to be reporting smoke simultaneously. Is that the case?

You really should start at the beginning with this, first find out at what frequency and at what maximum power you are allowed to build a transmitting device in your country (Philipines). These laws vary from country to country.
Then, when you have found out if you can do that legally without a radio transmitting licence you start looking for a circuit that works on these frequencies, there certainly will be a limit how much RF power you can transmit.
Then you find out if that frequency is suitable for being picked up within buildings, some buildings make an effective shield for low power transmitters.
Then you find a receiver that can cope with this signal.

Then, if you are still keen to go ahead, you do a search how commercial fire alarms cope with remote monitoring. You may find that they operate via hard wiring as radio signals are too prone to false alarms or malfunctions.

Then you wonder why you did not do your homework first :lol:, its all very well to get an idea for a project but reality is often a real killjoy.
Klaus

hey the project is actually proposed to me by the ece panel.they want to test if this type of system will work in our university.you might say that its kinda beyond reality but i think its wat modern technology is...i was just asking if there's such a thing as a multifrequency receiver ready in a ckt..i do know wat to do..i was just asking some help from whom i think an expert in this field....dont tell me i made the wrong decision...klaus

Valerie, maybe you could use synthesizer-based transmitters and receiver. The transmitters could be set for fixed frequency, and the receiver could scan all channels. For examples of what I am talking about, see **broken link removed** HP-II series. You should transmit some sort of code to avoid interference from other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back