Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there a market for a desk that nags?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I clean up my mess, then I can't find things. My mind seems to make order out of chaos. I can reach deep into a pile of stuff to retreive that needed document or tiny washer. Put all those items in labeled order and in proper containers and I'm lost ... go figure!! I neatly arranged all my garage handtools in the tool chest. I thought I was making organizational sense of it all. Now everytime I look for a ½" box-end wrench, I'm befuddled in looking for it, not to mention I seem to open all the wrong drawers before finally opening the proper one!:(

HiTech are you my lost twin? :)
Every time I clean it lasts for about a day before I dump everything back out so that I can find what I need. :mad:

Ever consider clutter is a super way to keep the mind sharp? You do constant memory exercises, process of elimination tasks and constant cause and effect wheighing. ;)

Because last I used this item on this project over there then most likely thats the place to look first!

Works as a super anti theft system too! Cant steal what you cant find! :p

And when you dig into that box of junk you forgot you had and find something you dont ever remember that you owned its like christmas! But with out the disapointment. :D :D

Micro$oft seems to like the concept of auto desktop clean up

Damn but I hate that thing. What dimwit thought this was a good idea? What stupid-ass decided which of my shortcuts would be deemed "unused"? How many ninnys, simps and feebs in a focus group did it take to make Microstink think we needed an annoying pop-up "balloon tip" for this? What kind of sh!t-for-brains decided it was so important it didn't need an easy way to turn the goddamn thing OFF and forced us to put a new registry key in to disable the fool "balloon tips"?

Last edited:
Damn but I hate that thing. What dimwit thought this was a good idea? What stupid-ass decided which of my shortcuts would be deemed "unused"? How many ninnys, simps and feebs in a focus group did it take to make Microstink think we needed an annoying pop-up "balloon tip" for this? What kind of sh!t-for-brains decided it was so important it didn't need an easy way to turn the goddamn thing OFF and forced us to put a new registry key in to disable the fool "balloon tips"?

Let me guess, you decided to take a stab at this clean-my-desk deal?

See where it got him, people?

No, of course not. I took a stab at writing the registry key so I don't get annoyed with the damn thing anymore. Instructions are online, if anyone's interested.

Search for "turn balloon tips off".

Last edited:
What kind of sh!t-for-brains decided it was so important it didn't need an easy way to turn the goddamn thing OFF and forced us to put a new registry key in to disable the fool "balloon tips"?
I see I've touched a nerve here. :D

BTW, there is an easier way to turn off that particular windoze XP annoyance:
First right click the desktop, then customize desktop, and then untick the Desktop cleanup tick box:
messy-png.27364

Attachments

• Messy.PNG
    Messy.PNG
    111.4 KB · Views: 305
HiTech are you my lost twin? :)
Every time I clean it lasts for about a day before I dump everything back out so that I can find what I need. :mad:

Ever consider clutter is a super way to keep the mind sharp? You do constant memory exercises, process of elimination tasks and constant cause and effect wheighing. ;)

Because last I used this item on this project over there then most likely thats the place to look first!

Works as a super anti theft system too! Cant steal what you cant find! :p

And when you dig into that box of junk you forgot you had and find something you dont ever remember that you owned its like christmas! But with out the disapointment. :D :D
My thoughts exactly! To think how many countless times I found something that got buried, to experience the glee that followed! I'd place that item somewhere in the obvious open, only to have it get buried again somehow! :eek::(

I think we have all discovered a little known universal law.

Clutter and cr@p will always expand to fill the available space.

HiTech's post got me thinking about the NUTs who suggest you toss everything you have not used in some time period.

Yesterday I used two .1 RPM gear motors purchased in the 80's. I should have tossed them many years ago because they jamed now and then.

Turns out they have a one tooth gear. If you run the motor slow enough they work fine. To make them work the gear driven by the single tooth driving gear needs to not coast after the single driving tooth passes.​

One could argue that I should have tossed the motor years ago. When I purchased the motors I had no use for them, others would say that was a bad idea. They were like $2 at Radio Shack and I could not resist. Black plastic gearbox about 6x3x1.25 inches.

My point is that if I had to look for buy and find these motors I would never have done the project. Now I wish I had a few more of them.

I think we have all discovered a little known universal law.

Clutter and cr@p will always expand to fill the available space.

WOW! a real ife example of solids acting under gasious interaction laws! Patent it and publish it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back