Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the 16F917 the successor to the 16F877?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill,

I think the soon-to-be-released 16F887 is probably a closer match. Neither the '917 nor the '887 have the self-write capability of the '877 (no boot loader capability) but both have the 8-MHz INTOSC.

The '917 only has a CCP module where the '877 and '887 have an MSSP module which supports 'master' I2C modes in hardware.

The '887 also sports the new 16-bit SPBRG generator for extremely precise sync/async operations.

Regards, Mike

Mike said:
Bill,

I think the soon-to-be-released 16F887 is probably a closer match. Neither the '917 nor the '887 have the self-write capability of the '877 (no boot loader capability) but both have the 8-MHz INTOSC.

The '917 only has a CCP module where the '877 and '887 have an MSSP module which supports 'master' I2C modes in hardware.

The '887 also sports the new 16-bit SPBRG generator for extremely precise sync/async operations.

Regards, Mike

Damn it Mike, you too damn smart. Didn't realize it didn't have bootloader functions and the MSSP was different. I did like the cost though $6.40CDn vs $10CDn for the 16F877A but I'll wait for the 887 (aboot time Microchip :rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back