Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is that a phone or a fishing pole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or perhaps the communication is more neuronal in nature, where the states of several nearby squid would need to be taken together to represent a data unit.
Now that would be something. Each squid is a bit. lol What a thought though.

I've got a lot to get off my plate before I can look to being an undergrad again though.

I can relate to that. I am semi retired, so I am spending my nest egg on a new career. Could be crazy idea, but I want a job where I get excited to go to.

Believe it or not, I lost interest in electronics, but thought doing the forum thing would help me not forget things just in case I need a fallback.

"waving arms frantically.!"

Youuu Hooo, Mike, I'm over here.!

Seen some documentary's about squids, fantastic light displays.

"waving arms frantically.!"

Youuu Hooo, Mike, I'm over here.!

Seen some documentary's about squids, fantastic light displays.

Oh there you are :) Yes the cephalopods are quite fascinating. In my zoology class I wrote a paper on this little fellow, Thaumoctopus mimicus.
Or better known as the mimic octopus. This critter disguises itself to avoid predators. It can immitate things like a sea snake, a lion fish and even a venomous starfish.

https://marinebio.org/species.asp?id=260

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Oh there you are :) Yes the cephalopods are quite fascinating. In my zoology class I wrote a paper on this little fellow, Thaumoctopus mimicus.
Or better known as the mimic octopus. This critter disguises itself to avoid predators. It can immitate things like a sea snake, a lion fish and even a venomous starfish.

https://marinebio.org/species.asp?id=260

hi Mike,
I saw a TV documentary a few years ago about that little beauty, IIRC it was somewhere off a Pacific isle.

Last edited:
FYI, The Discovery Channel is playing the entire Planet Earth series today. Not sure how that works in the rest of the world. Time change and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back