Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it saftey or common sense first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing, tcmtech:D Its an entertaining read;)

My cordless Phone

I went to use one of my cordless phones and all it would do is beep at me. I would not pick up a dial tone. :confused:

Being good with electrical and electronics I did the standard check out first.

The other cordless in the bedroom worked so it was not a phone line problem.
I unplugged the base waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in. still beeped at me. So the base did not need reseting.
I proceded to take the handset battery out and do a reset on that to.
still nothing. :confused:

Being good with electronics I took both units apart and checked everything over. touched up a few solder joints in each. :)
Then I put everything back together plugged in the base and put the battery back in the hand set.
Got the "in use" LED to come on in the base now.
ah. They are talking to each other again. Easy fix! :)

2 hours spent but I did not have to buy a new phone! Good day for me! :)

I took it back to the living room and hooked it back up. Does not work again.
Same beep and no connection. :(

hmm... No display on the answering machine either. (less than a foot away)
Checked the outlet, no power. hmmm.

I also put in toast a few minutes ago but that has not popped up either. ;)

** I live in a trailer house. Just because a circuit in the panel is labeled as kitchen does not actualy mean it just runs the kitchen oulets.** :D

I reset the breaker and ate my toast while I talked to a friend of mine.
On my phone that works just fine. :eek:

So some days I am "one of them" too. :eek: :p :D :D

Last edited:
Bad battery.

Is there a common sense test?
If not there should be one!
And make it an annual requirement! I would happily allow a few more dollars to be taken out of my paychecks to have that funded!

Score it on a scale of 0 to 100

95 or less: You can’t have any type of leadership or group responsibility job.
90 or less: You can’t have any basic management job.
85 or less: You can’t have more than a grunt workers job.
80 or less: No motor vehicle or heavy equipment operation, Bicycle or public transportation only.
75 or less: No health insurance coverage. Insuring you is just a burden on the higher level people.
70 or less: Public housing only. NO home ownership. AND no computer access.
65 or less: No bicycle or public transportation. You’re just a clueless nuisance to regular public at this level.
60 or less: No pets. Animals have more common sense than you at this point.
55 or less: Ward of the state. You are unfit to be out in public unassisted or without supervision.
50 or less: Institutionalized. Your unfit to be anywhere in public for any reason.
30 or less: Death by lethal injection. You are unfit to even live and are a total unrecoverable burden on society.
10 or less: The tester is authorized to shoot you onsite. Your movements alone are a danger to everyone around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back