Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to do the project described below!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic5

i have an idea to do the project relevant to medical electronics.

main idea is getting information about blood cells such as amount of red and white cells , blood group, vitamin deficiency etc.

but i don't know the method how to get cell counts by some drops of blood sample.

any suggestions and ideas regarding the project?

thanks for informations....

Well, many years ago. I wrote a scripting engine (translator/macro expander) for a "big" machine that Baxter HealthCare made in Miami. It spun test tubes after mixing in reagents, etc.

Not sure how far technology is now. It was fun and all. Had that monster in my garage for a long time. My program translated a the language they entered and told the machine what they really wanted.

Are you planning to make the actual machine, or buy one and control it? You would need to research the machine and processed first. Technology has come a long way, you might get lucky.

i have an idea to do the project relevant to medical electronics.

main idea is getting information about blood cells such as amount of red and white cells , blood group, vitamin deficiency etc.

but i don't know the method how to get cell counts by some drops of blood sample.

any suggestions and ideas regarding the project?

thanks for informations....

You might be surprised how some of those tests are performed in a routine laboratory today. For starters, I suggest you get a good current book on Laboratory Medicine.

There are several. This one is common: Clinical Laboratory Medicine

Henry's current revision of Todd and Sanford is also a standard: Amazon.com: Henry's Clinical Diagnosis and Management by Laboratory Methods (9781416002871): Richard A. McPherson, Matthew R. Pincus: Books

Second, define what your purpose is going to be. There are many laboratory information systems out there. In the USA, they are under Federal regulation. In addition, anything to do with blood banking (e.g., blood type) is even more highly regulated.

Third, do not confuse diagnosis with laboratory measurement. Some laboratory measurements strongly correlate with a diagnosis, but a diagnosis must be made by a physician. For example, you mention RBC count. That is a laboratory measurement, which may not actually be done by counting BTW. You also mention vitamin deficiency. That is a diagnosis.

Finally, it is not clear (as mentioned) whether you are interested in making the determinations or in collection and analysis of the data. Both areas are quite complex. Focus on only one, and even then, narrow it down considerably from what it appears you mean to do in your question.

John

any way thanks for the suggestions!

i just get this idea from my daily problems. Now i clear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back