Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it me or mr h!! who is wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all get whats coming to us in the end. (Just saying, you know my wife is Black, but the most white Black person you'll ever meet)

I'm just under 5'10" 200lbs. I'm currently about 13% body fat, when I was a younger adult 34 about 7 to 8% body fat. While weight lifting.

My wife's brother a strapping 6'5" 260lbs (never worked out a day in his life) 8% body fat and ripped to the gils. I think if he flexed his muscles it might kill me.

The first time I met him, he gave me chills. (That's going some) I found he's the playful fun, smiling all the time nice kind of guy.

But, he told my wife recently, Saying, I lost my temper 2 times, when I was attacked.

The first guy's jaw shattered, one punch and the second guy went into a coma, one punch.

He said I avoid places people and things that will cause me to loose it.

No probs KV

Just that yah,,I have seen, learned..and just kept quite with Dude working 0.5M from me and messing everywhere.

He just does/did not get it.

And, on a personal touch.....I see no color in anything as far as people go. I never judge people based on color.
I only look at what is happening in their head. Some of my best friends here are Black...believe it or not :)

And you know what KV...when my life is up to speed again and things are normal, you and your beautiful wife are more than welcome to visit.

I don't care if you are all Purple, Pink or whatever. It's the brain and what happens in there that counts. That is what makes friends and people click.

All the best,
tvtech

Hi LG.

I've just started electronic engineering at uni, and you will probably find the first year just as boring as electronics at school is for you now.

The thing I have found it to think about these situations calmly and clearly - take emotions out of the question.

Whilst making a light out of an LED, resistor and PP3 may seem very wasteful, boring and stupid, remember that you are feeling that way because you already have a knowledge of electronics. Most of your classmates, if not all of them, will have no experience at all with electronics, and making such a simple circuit is actually really cool, exciting and interesting for them. They have not had the same chances as you. Even Mr Teacher might not have the same experience as you.

If you were in Mr Teacher's position what would you do? You could either;

Start with a basic LED, resistor, PP3 light circuit, which would help 99% of the class,
or start with Fundamentals of Quadrifilar Helix Antenna design, which would be interesting to 1% of the class, but would make sure everyone else never wants to do electronics again.

Which would you chose?

Remember, teachers have very hard jobs. In the UK, the first role of a teacher is not even to teach. It is to ensure the safety and well-being of their students. So before Mr Teacher can even think about designing a circuit, think of all the hard work he has to put into ensuring all students have a safe environment, come in on time, sit down and behave, take the register, paperwork, lesson planning, etc etc... There may have been other reasons why Mr Teacher didn't want you to be smoothing the edges. Perhaps he wasn't allowed to let students use files in that lesson for health and safety reasons? It may seem silly, but again, not all children have had the same opportunities as you, and may not know how to use a file properly. This is something he could loose his job for. Definitely not an overreaction.

There are situations in life where taking too long with something, or doing something you were not meant to can be very serious. Even life threatening.

From what I have seen, you have a great knowledge of electronics, and the that regard, I admire you for being interested in something, learning about it, and holding onto that knowledge. But with great knowledge comes great responsibility.

I have no doubts you will coast through GCSE electronics. Even A-level electronics. But your teacher is still your teacher, you need to have respect for your teacher no matter what.

Take care, enjoy your school days whilst they last. (geeze, I never thought I'd be saying that so soon! ;))

SS

thanks SS, nice perspective. yeah maybe i was being a bit harsh on Mr H. it's frustration at not being able to learn properly!

Yes, and their just people. Sometimes if you want it bad enough, you will get what you need in the end. This world will allow that for some, you are in the top 80%.

We both should count ourself's lucky, remember the profit of education that is given, we must use it. It's a special gift indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back