Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it just me?........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the bottom line. There are many selfish, uncaring parents out there spawning like trout. It is ironic, the most uncaring people seem to reproduce the most and the outcome is mental replicants.

Pity, you need to fill out so many forms to get married, but no forms or guidelines are required to make a baby...
Have you seen the movie Idiocracy? If not, RENT IT! It's silly, but oh so true. The race to the bottom extrapolated into the future.

To force EVERYBODY to pay very high taxes on petrol is communism.
In Canada the tax on gasoline is reasonably low and people pay income taxes depending on how much is their income. The poor people (me?) don't pay income tax. Very rich people pay lots of income tax. Very rich companies also pay lots of income tax.

To force EVERYBODY to pay very high taxes on petrol is communism.
In Canada the tax on gasoline is reasonably low and people pay income taxes depending on how much is their income. The poor people (me?) don't pay income tax. Very rich people pay lots of income tax. Very rich companies also pay lots of income tax.

That is what Obama "says" he will do. The system we have now is not working, what the heck. Let's try that one. But I still have to pay for insurance that does not cover much.

Maybe higher gas prices and free insurance might be a better idea, I will just drive more efficiently and get a smaller car. This year I would have preferred that. Braces for one child and surgery for my wife pretty much clean us out.

The only problem with anything that is free is that it gets abused. The abuse does not go unnoticed by the government and so they find ways of cutting costs which normally means less than optimal care and long waiting lists. In the UK I needed to see the doctor and phoned up to be told they could fit me in the end of next week. What use is that, I'm either dead or better.

Here in Aus they have a government pays most of it scheme. When I go to see the doctor I have to pay $50 and I then get a rebate from the government of $40.

The difference in cost is negligible but the difference in availability is astounding. In the UK the doctors waiting room was more like a meeting room for bored housewives and retired people. Sorry about the stereotyping.

Mike.

Looks like the Aus plan is pretty good. Here it is $1000 a month, $50 a visit and $2500 deductible that resets each January. The bill can Dec. 28th, just a couple dates before the reset I met the deductible..

When I am in South Africa, I can see a Doctor the same day for R150 [£10GBP] this is for a 20 to 30 minute consulatation.

I can get an MRI scan the following day for R400 [£27GBP].

Have a major operation, be in a clean private hospital room for about a week, first class nursing and very good food,, all this for less than R15000 [£1000GBP].

Any medication I dont use, I am given a refund on its return to the pharmacy,

BTW: this has happened to me twice in the past 10 years.

In the UK I would have to wait months for an operation, risk getting an unrelated fatal illness.
[ 1 in 300 patients in UK hospitals die from something they didnt have when admitted], etc...

Last edited:
That's the problem. We work 3~6 months/year to pay taxes. And what we get? Poor education, poor health system, "whole hole" roads (here in Brazil), poor security...

So what we have to do? Pay insurance, pay healthcare, pay private education... (along with abusive taxes).

That's the problem. We work 3~6 months/year to pay taxes. And what we get? Poor education, poor health system, "whole hole" roads (here in Brazil), poor security...

So what we have to do? Pay insurance, pay healthcare, pay private education... (along with abusive taxes).

I'm thinking maybe only the Drug lords and corrupt politicians can pay for that. Your just funding their interest's I think.

....... Same as anywhere else.

(I have such a bad attitude lately ?)

I'm working to hard for the man. :eek:

kv

Actually, "tax freedom day" is about June in the USA.

Here are a couple of quotes from Thomas Jefferson (Third President of the US) about 200 years ago:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

The problem is not in recognizing what has happened, but in figuring out how to change that state without sacrificing the democratic principles to which we must hold fast.

John

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

That's a very valid statement. When a government with too many social programs is elected, we know there is not a good thing.

I'm not saying that social programs are bad. But I think that the best "social program" ever is to improve education, health, security, in suma: the infrastructure.

On the TV news last night they showed an "expert" saying how the USA soon will be broken into 5 republics:
Alaska goes to Russia.
The northern middle goes to Canada.
Most of the West including California and Hawaii go to Japan. Is California bankrupt yet?
Most of the South goes to Mexico.
Most of the East goes to the Europe.

Personally, I don't think the federal government should have programs to help people or businesses on an individual level. It really undermines family and community. Nobody cares about a federal check, it's just free money, faceless. When someone needs to ask for help from their family, neighbors, local church, or the community in which they live, they see the faces of those who help them, and should feel some obligation to help others in need. Most people wouldn't ask, unless there is no other option, less people would be inclined to abuse. Yes, there will always be freeloaders in this world, just fewer. It's just way too easy to fill out a form, and get cash from the government.

That would work. Especially if you eliminated the "New thread ban" for new members in that area only. This would put most of those types of posts in the correct area automatically.

Last edited:
The problem are the desperate guys.

They post the same thread in 3 different sections of the forum. This will be no different.

I think try it and move them there. It's worth a shot. The multiple post are not the norm.

Or a homework area on its own. I would pop in and look as I am sure others would.

The solution to lazy, 1-post wonders is simple: don't reply! They'll soon give up and move on elsewhere.

As for the babble on oil and such, I bought gasoline today for 97cents/gallon today. Filled up the truck and 4 large gas cans! The last time I bought gasoline at that price, I was probably 20 yrs. old!

The solution to lazy, 1-post wonders is simple: don't reply! They'll soon give up and move on elsewhere.
Yeah, they post the same stupid questions on all the other electronic chat sites I go to.

As for the babble on oil and such, I bought gasoline today for 97cents/gallon today. Filled up the truck and 4 large gas cans! The last time I bought gasoline at that price, I was probably 20 yrs. old!
Gasoline was expensive for a couple of weeks this year (last year?) but some countries have their governments keeping the price high for a long time and ripping off the people.

Gasoline was expensive for a couple of weeks this year (last year?) but some countries have their governments keeping the price high for a long time and ripping off the people.

Yea, they did a great job last year here in the states and it was a lot longer than a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see what is next. I am getting to old for this. Did not vote for the new guy, but hoping everyone else is right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back