Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IRFP450A replacement with IRFP460N on SIEG X2/LTF058213220 mini drill SIEG-FC350SMD Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinjet75

Hi, I have an LTF058213220 mini drill that it is similar to Sieg X2 mini drill. Mini drill use SIEG-FC350SMD / SIEG-FAMOUS DC motor control board. Now I have a problem because when I switch on mini drill, fuse burn out and the general current will out of the way. I checked on the board and one of Q1 IRFP450A 193H is broken (I don't know if there are other boards problem but for now I discovered this one. I want replace IRFP and then check if there are other component broken). I want to replace IRFP450A but I can't find quickly from italian sellers. I found only IRFP460N. Can I replace both IRFP450A with two IRFP460N without changing other electronics component? I attached IRFP450A broken photo and schematic board. Thanks.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 01.04.25.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-26 at 01.04.25.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 205
  • FC350BJ_SCH.png
    FC350BJ_SCH.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 210
The IRFP460 has rather higher gate capacitance, which would cause slower switching and higher power dissipation.

Without knowing the PWM frequency the machine uses, there is no way of knowing if it would be detrimental or not.

I'd stick with the IRFP450 if at all possible.

The IRFP460 has rather higher gate capacitance, which would cause slower switching and higher power dissipation.

Without knowing the PWM frequency the machine uses, there is no way of knowing if it would be detrimental or not.

I'd stick with the IRFP450 if at all possible.
Agree! I'd also stick with the IRFP450 to avoid any potential problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back