Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IRF 740 Drive circuit for Boost Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdvs

I am planning to build a boost converter using IRF 740, i want to drive the mosfet using a 555 timer, I am looking for a drive circuit using 555 timer, can any help me regarding this. thankyou

I have driven IRF 530 directly from a 555 operating at 12 volts with no problems.
I also had a 1k pullup from the gate to 12 volts to insure full turn on. Regular 555's worked better than the CMOS versions.

You should try google, there are hundreds of 555 schematics out there, and you should be able to find find at least two or three for a simple boost converter, also search the forums there was a circuit posted within the last week that does exactly what you're trying to.

Why are you using a 555 timer for as boost converter?

There are far more efficient ways of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back