Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR transmitter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankguru

sc 7461-103 is a IR remote control transmiter IC. .
it decodes upto 32 addresses (or switches). .
this is wat i find under my TV's remote control.
so thr will b a IC in the TV(reciever) which will decode the signal genrated by the sc7461( transmiter)
can anyone tell wat is the number of the IC in the reciever . .which would be IR remote control reciever IC

There won't be one, the TV will have a micro-controller in it, that will be programmed to decode the IR (as well as all the system control) - the transmitter itself is most probably just a micro-controller as well.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There won't be one, the TV will have a micro-controller in it, that will be programmed to decode the IR (as well as all the system control) - the transmitter itself is most probably just a micro-controller as well.
alright . .
can i make 8 different sets of IR remote switch(reciver and transmiter)
i.e there will b 8 recivers and 8 transmitters ,with only one switch on every transmiter.
each reciver can b operated by its transmiter only and not by any other

but without using microcontroller

Last edited:
mayankguru said:
alright . .
can i make 8 different sets of IR remote switch(reciver and transmiter)
i.e there will b 8 recivers and 8 transmitters ,with only one switch on every transmiter.
each reciver can b operated by its transmiter only and not by any other

but without using microcontroller

You 'could', but why would you want to? - if you're not interested in making your own, check the Holtek range of remote control IC's (these, like your remote IC, are simply pre-programmed micro-controllers).

Nigel Goodwin said:
You 'could', but why would you want to? - if you're not interested in making your own, check the Holtek range of remote control IC's (these, like your remote IC, are simply pre-programmed micro-controllers).

i need these remote sets in 1000's(quantity)
holtex IC is a bit costly 1.9$
and if i go for holtek then i need 2 holtek IC in each set that will comprise of 3.8$.a bit costly.
as i need just one switch in every tranmitter so is there any cheap solution available.. .
if its not possible to make 8 diffrent set then even 3-4 will or even 2 diffrent set will also work but the solution should b very cheap . . .may be 1$

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back