IR transmitter IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankguru

sc 7461-103 is a IR remote control transmiter IC. .
it decodes upto 32 addresses (or switches). .
this is wat i find under my TV's remote control.
so thr will b a IC in the TV(reciever) which will decode the signal genrated by the sc7461( transmiter)
can anyone tell wat is the number of the IC in the reciever . .which would be IR remote control reciever IC

There won't be one, the TV will have a micro-controller in it, that will be programmed to decode the IR (as well as all the system control) - the transmitter itself is most probably just a micro-controller as well.

Nigel Goodwin said:
There won't be one, the TV will have a micro-controller in it, that will be programmed to decode the IR (as well as all the system control) - the transmitter itself is most probably just a micro-controller as well.
alright . .
can i make 8 different sets of IR remote switch(reciver and transmiter)
i.e there will b 8 recivers and 8 transmitters ,with only one switch on every transmiter.
each reciver can b operated by its transmiter only and not by any other

but without using microcontroller

Last edited:

You 'could', but why would you want to? - if you're not interested in making your own, check the Holtek range of remote control IC's (these, like your remote IC, are simply pre-programmed micro-controllers).

Nigel Goodwin said:
You 'could', but why would you want to? - if you're not interested in making your own, check the Holtek range of remote control IC's (these, like your remote IC, are simply pre-programmed micro-controllers).

i need these remote sets in 1000's(quantity)
holtex IC is a bit costly 1.9$
and if i go for holtek then i need 2 holtek IC in each set that will comprise of 3.8$.a bit costly.
as i need just one switch in every tranmitter so is there any cheap solution available.. .
if its not possible to make 8 diffrent set then even 3-4 will or even 2 diffrent set will also work but the solution should b very cheap . . .may be 1$

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…