Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

endauone

currently im tryin 2 build an ir remote control device.
i would appreciate if there is anyone out thr could advice me on ir photodiode n ir led.

:)

Don't even consider it! - use an IR receiver IC and 38KHz modulation - IR remote control is a well proved and mature subject, use what has been proved to be simple and effective!.

can other infra red noise, like our body, interfere with my receiver?
if yes, how am i gonna remove de noise?

IR noise: The human body will not cause noise that you can see with a simple IR receiver. If your IR receiver was at –60C then it could see body temperature. Noise will come from the sun and lights. Fluorescent lights emit 120hz pulses that are a problem. Use the 38khz or 40khz modules as mentioned on the last post. They try to filter out noise that is not on frequency. (like a radio receiver does)

Do not re-invent something.

An IR receiver IC has a lot more than just a bandpass filter:
It has a very high gain amplifier with automatic-gain-control.
Its black case blocks most visible light.
It has a circuit that reduces its sensitivity if continuous pulses are detected (interference from compact fluorescent light bulbs).
This is from a datasheet:

Attachments

• TSOP IR receiver.PNG
    TSOP IR receiver.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back