Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavius

Hello, I'm doing a project for school, it's a remote control, with two buttons, made for a pc. The reciver is a GP1U52X connected to the serial COM port of the pc. The thing is that I can't use a PIC for the remote control because it has to be made with discreet components. I can't seem to get the mani 40k oscilator running! Please help :(

The thing is that I can't use a PIC for the remote control because it has to be made with discreet components. I can't seem to get the mani 40k oscilator running! Please help.

What are you using for the oscillator? Is it 555 or transistor multivibrator? I once had the problem of not getting my own oscillator running and I found that by changing my electrolytic timing capacitors for ceramic ones (of the same value) the oscillator was able to run. I still don't know why, perhaps is due to the frequency of operation.

Why don't you post your schematic and lets know what's up with it? :)

I made a similar project. I used a 40Khz small crystals from Epson electronics or else I suggest you to work out a 40 Khz clock by using a 555 timer in combination wit resistors and capacitors and it will will also work fine !

sorry for not posting in such a long time, but i've been really busy at school. I'l try to post a schematic later, now I've tried the 555 but the output on simulations behaved strange, once it was 38kH, later 41 and so on, and i haven't managed to do a working oscilator using a crystal (dunno why) I'l try the transistor multivibrator today.

It will also work even if the oscillator is at 38Khz or at 41 Khz because the Infrared receiver module will accept frequencies from about 36Khz till 44Khz. This depends on the infrared module datasheet specifications. This will affect only the receiving distance. How much distance are you planning to work with the receiver and transmitter. I manged to go to a little beyond 30 feet approximately 8 m.
Please post your schematic diagram later on.

use a crystal is is more stable and easyer to use, a simulater often does'nt get it right :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back