Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote control extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit novice

A little history first to help you understand what I'm trying to do. In our church we have a projection system. The projector is mounted in the front of the room up in the ceiling. The computer systems that runs it is at the back of the room. The only way to turn the projector on/off, change input channels or make adjustments is to go to the front of the room and point up at the projector to do this. Not a good thing to do when church is in session. The projector has front and rear ir detectors on it but since the projector is mounted in the ceiling the rear can't be aimed at from the back of the room where computer system is.

Now finally my question. Is there a way that I can somehow extend the rear projector ir sensor to the back of the room so I can use the remote from there to control the projector? For example: some sort of hard wired sensor at one end and a transmitting led at the other end.

Yes thats perfect. But I can't seem to find a good source for the parts that he has listed and being the novice that I am I'm not sure what I could swap with them. Plus the fact that I'm not exactly sure how to put it all together.

Hi,

here's a supstitutions list:

SFH2030 --> any photodiode (or a phototransistor) should work. It is best if you choose one with IR wavelength
TIL38 --> any IR led diode will work
CA3140 --> this is, according to specs, a "BiMOS Operational Amplifier with MOSFET Input/Bipolar Output", so you could technically use any such operational amplifier. If you do so, you might need to change the PCB a bit... Here are a few supstitutions: NTE7141, CA3053

As for the putting-it-all-together part...well...I can't help much. You could aks a friend to make this device for you (or only a PCB, if you prefer so).
My advice is to test it first by building it on a proto-board and see if it works the way you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back