Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpj11111

I need to connect IR heaters which need to operate with manual switch , every time when I turn on the heater it go to standby. I need to install few heaters in a hall, but it need to be operated with one switch not with remote controllar. Is there any possibility to operate with one timer switch . My question is when power turned off & turned on , heater go to stand by mode. Then I need the remote controllar to turn it on again. I have 10 Heaters in the hall. Any idea, or help.

So heaters all wired to same breaker, on/off switch ?

What is signaling needed to place heater in/out of standby ? Simple button on each
heater ? Or a logic level input.

Regards, Dana.

few points.
bypassing standby will prolly bypass thermostat control .... will need temp controller on main switch
dont bypass overheat protection sensor
installing a button auto press is possible but might be a bit of work to integrate and may look like frankenstine.

tampering a heater may void warrenty .. and void insurance claim if anything happens.

also 10 heaters is alot of power on the hydro line, will your circuit breaker/wires support that?

hack the button for each remote and solder in a one shot trigger circuit to button and duct tape near heater sensor.

or you could duct tape a servo to the remote to push the button on one shot trigger, but in my exp it is difficult to press a button with a servo and no proper mounting (3d printed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back