Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR extender for a PDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogus

I've been hearing that there are IR extenders available for pdas that will enable the pda to control thing at much bigger distances. The IR port on most pdas can go only up to about 10 feet. So I'm wondering whether anyone knows how to build one or can provide some ?

Thx

I tried omniremote and it works but on a very short distance, around 1/2 meters. I'd like it to work from a longer distance.

fogus said:
I tried omniremote and it works but on a very short distance, around 1/2 meters. I'd like it to work from a longer distance.

That's what the omniremote EXTENDER is for. It's an IR adapter that plugs into the expansion slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back