Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Decoder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might work for sony sircs lg as is uses pulse position modulation, not sure if it'd be any good for phillip's protocol though.

True. Seeing the actual signal is very important.
I have suggested many times that Ritesh should buy the PicKit3, because he has many PIC projects, but he does not have proper instruments to debug the projects.
PicKit3 has a logic analyzer that is a big help with projects like this. Two channel logic analyzer goes a long way in hobby projects. It is good enough to debug almost any communication interface you may have in a microcontroller based hobby project..

sorry guy's i thought it might help him! i am never too sure what he is actually trying to do, i am now intrigued about remote controls!! i will try and find a few here and take a peep on the LA see how it's done. how does Ritesh program chips??. i didnt know the PK3 now had the LA i thought it was just PK2. really cool they now have added it to the pk3 as well. Ritesh buy a PK3 or a clone it's well worth the money and might make stuff easier for you

i didnt know the PK3 now had the LA i thought it was just PK2. really cool they now have added it to the pk3 as well.

Really? I only assumed that it has logic analyzer.. Have to check that.. sorry if I was wrong. Should not advertise anything without checking.. Why would they leave the logic analyzer out from pickit3 if it is in pickit2?

Really? I only assumed that it has logic analyzer.. Have to check that.. sorry if I was wrong. Should not advertise anything without checking.. Why would they leave the logic analyzer out from pickit3 if it is in pickit2?
i have looked but cant find anything to say that they have now added the LA to PK3. i know when it first came out the PK3 didnt have it and there was loads and loads of complaints on microchip forum but i cant find anything that says it now has it???? anyway might still be worth him getting a used pk2 for 16f chips and alot of the 18f's are ok with it, that way he has the LA and uart tool and a decent debugger :D

I'm not plugging, I got a pickit 2 clone of ebay from malaysia I think, 7 quid, doesnt look as nice as a pickit, but it does everything the pickit does, and its blow up resistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back