IR autofocus ranger ident?? help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydag71

Hullo again folks, I am taking a small break from my pic programming flounderings to try and ident what I believe is an old auto-focus unit that I pulled from an old Pentax 35mm.

This module appears to be completely self contained in its operational control,, is supported by some variety of Mitsubichi microcontroller, unfortunately there is a shield blocking most of the uC's markings and I'm not yet prepared to pull the shield as it is soldered. I have removed the PCB from the rest of the unit to check for ID markings, there are none. There is the #973 stamped on the shield, but doubt it means anything much., The micro does show a few digits,, they are: M51 (and maybe a 0 afterwards...),, under those digits is a '9'. Its not alot but that is what I've got to work with for now!

Anyone know anything about these things, even if it isn't specific infos perhaps some general? I of course am wanting to incorporate it into a useful sensor without having to pull much from it first, but would re-build a new controller to it if required because it is soo cool looking,, like a large Sharp ranger sort of!

any help?as always,, thanks in advance folks! cheers, jd

Attachments

• autofocus_module_5.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 130
  • autofocus_module_4.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 141
  • autofocus_module_3.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 139
  • autofocus_module_2.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…