Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR autofocus ranger ident?? help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydag71

Hullo again folks, I am taking a small break from my pic programming flounderings to try and ident what I believe is an old auto-focus unit that I pulled from an old Pentax 35mm.

This module appears to be completely self contained in its operational control,, is supported by some variety of Mitsubichi microcontroller, unfortunately there is a shield blocking most of the uC's markings and I'm not yet prepared to pull the shield as it is soldered. I have removed the PCB from the rest of the unit to check for ID markings, there are none. There is the #973 stamped on the shield, but doubt it means anything much., The micro does show a few digits,, they are: M51 (and maybe a 0 afterwards...),, under those digits is a '9'. Its not alot but that is what I've got to work with for now!

Anyone know anything about these things, even if it isn't specific infos perhaps some general? I of course am wanting to incorporate it into a useful sensor without having to pull much from it first, but would re-build a new controller to it if required because it is soo cool looking,, like a large Sharp ranger sort of!

any help?as always,, thanks in advance folks! cheers, jd

Attachments

• autofocus_module_5.JPG
    autofocus_module_5.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 129
  • autofocus_module_4.JPG
    autofocus_module_4.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 140
  • autofocus_module_3.JPG
    autofocus_module_3.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 138
  • autofocus_module_2.JPG